A brilliant opportunity has arisen for a successful, motivated and driven Sales Director to join my client as their new Sales & Marketing Director. With a background in the furniture or consumer durables and goods industries, we are looking for someone who will lead and drive all commercial channels for the business.
Established in the early 90's my client is a garden furniture supplier recognised throughout the UK, Europe and beyond with an excellent reputation for the quality and design of their furniture ranges. My client has many inspiring ranges all designed to make you feel at home in your garden with a substantial choice of traditional and contemporary furniture, all designed and produced to exacting standards.
My client takes its environmental and ethical responsibilities very seriously, sourcing sustainable materials for products combined with the utilisation of factories that possess excellent employee conditions. In addition, my client holds its values as key to the success of the business; maintaining a dynamic and creative environment, being committed to their sense of community, recognising the valued contribution of everyone in the business, investing in the long term future and using their specialist expertise and unique position to influence and lead within their industry.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join the senior management team in the business, working very closely with the current Managing Director, as well as the Finance & Operations Director to continue the success of the business. The Sales & Marketing Director will take responsibility for the following:-
- Increase sales through UK Retail and Commercial channels
- Review, assess and make the relevant changes or adjustments to the current sales organisation structure
- Continue to develop the Sales & Marketing teams, taking responsibility for their ongoing development needs and putting in positive performance management measures
- Establish close working relationships with all key members of the teams
- Deliver consistent sales and margin performances against agreed and outlined budgets
- Develop all sales channels in line with the strategic plan; UK Retail, UK Commercial, Non-UK Commercial and non-UK Distributors
- Determine and implement key sales and marketing strategies covering product, channel, customer, communication and margin
- Continually identify and follow up on all sales opportunities across all channels with the teams
- Focus on range development with all teams
- Oversee and delegate where necessary on all marketing activities
- Ensure all regular and house accounts are managed in the right way with a focus on long standing relationship building
- Ensure a development plan is in place for all sales people in conjunction with the sales management team
As mentioned above we are looking for someone who will bring not only a great background, but great character, drive and desire to this role and be as enthusiastic about its success as we are. The successful candidate for this Sales & Marketing Director role will come with the following skills:-
- A genuine Sales Director with a proven track record of producing results and is motivated by this success
- A background in relevant sales and marketing leadership roles who can demonstrate the key development of commercial teams and function in their previous roles
- A background in outdoor furniture, furniture in general or consumer products and durables or related sectors
- The successful candidate will be a change agent, an adaptable, flexible, embracer of change and taking teams, people and structures forward for the greater good
- Someone that works through cooperation and evolution, not revolution
- Someone who is 'at home' in these sales channels and is entrenched in cross-channel leadership and execution
- The ability to develop their people, turning average or poor performance into outstanding results
- Proven ability to develop strategies, tactics and solutions
- Outstanding communication, presentation, persuasion & influence, teamwork, analytical and numerical skills
- The ability to set the right culture, drive performance through the people at the same time being the face of the brand and working every day to promote my client in the right way
Candidates need to be able to commute to Burgess Hill in Sussex on a daily basis.
We have a competitive package available for the successful candidate