3 months ago
Position Title: Sales Manager – Inside Sales – Account Management
Position Type: Permanent
Role Purpose/ Summary:
The Sales Manager will lead the Account Management Team who are accountable for nurturing and growing existing client relationships across our Law Firms subscribers in both the UK and Europe. The Sales Manager reporting into the Sales Director is primarily responsible for delivering the Inside Sales Account Management Sales Strategy through the delivery of results. You will be working in conjunction with the Sales Director, Segment Commercial Owners and Marketing to deliver and support these requirements. You will implement KPI’s, ensuring regular engagement with clients, pipeline growth and ultimately over-achievement against sales target. Being able to coach team members through tough negotiations and help structure propositions will also be key to success in this role. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their abilities to assess and develop the skills and capabilities of the team whilst acting as a coach and mentor to ensure continuous growth.
They will also be able to implement sales management systems and procedures to facilitate a management by measurement approach for the sales team and to allow accurate reporting of sales information. This will involve understanding and monitoring individual sales activity targets, including monthly targets for new business as well as call quotas for existing customers.
Proven ability to understand and interpret sales figures and a thorough understanding of sales process is vital.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Reaching and exceeding the targets and goals agreed for the Inside Sales Account Management Team
• Reporting on sales results, pipeline and activity on a weekly/monthly and quarterly basis, having implemented accurate forecasting metrics with the sales team, mastered reporting capabilities and devised productivity benchmarks
• Actively identifying growth opportunities to deliver revenue requirements through the creation and implementation of a sales strategy for each Account Manager
• Attract and develop high calibre talent and retain high performing individuals
• Create and implement development plans for each Account manager, acting as a coach to guide and advise individuals on their career progression in parallel to the day to day management of their actions and activity
• Increasing business opportunities through various routes to market
• Monitoring your team's performance and motivating them to reach targets
• Coaching your team through pro active deal, opportunity and segment analysis
• Delivering increased sales skills
• Work collaboratively with specialist segment personnel to achieve strategic aims of the Organisation
• Effectively manage all direct reports and ensure all team members are knowledgeable on products, industry trends, customers and competitors
• Keeping up to date with products and competitors
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your Sales Director
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
The key areas we will be looking for evidence of continued exposure, ability and success include:-
• Revenue responsibility & reporting
• Sales process & sales effectiveness
• Coaching to support team and individual development
• Honest & ethical management
• Self motivation, ownership and successful sales track record
• Commercial acumen & behaviours
• Leadership skills
• Initiative and enthusiasm – self reliance & self motivation
• Excellent communication and 'people skills'
• Planning, reporting and analytical skills
• The ability to work calmly under pressure
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Sales management experience
• Management of team in excess of 6 team members
• Exposure to subscription based information space
• Wide legal network
Education/ Certifications Required:
• Degree level
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.