10 months ago
Haymarket Automotive (HMA) comprises What Car?, Pistonheads and Autocar - three brilliant brands that are world famous for informing and entertaining car buyers, sellers and owners which share the goal of leading in their chosen marketplaces.
Our reputation is built on quality journalism, slick marketing, product innovation and dogged and skilled salescraft, all in support of digital and print products that lead the market. No other automotive brand interacts with consumers and the car industry so comprehensively or is as well respected by its audience.
Whatever we do, we aim to be the best - and that starts with our teams and the way we place them at the heart of everything we do.
As Sales Manager, you are responsible for maximising the commercial revenues we generate from Independent Dealers across our Used Car products.
• Be able to lead by example
• Show enthusiasm and passion for our products, generating a positive atmosphere and a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Have the necessary people skills to manage, coach and lead an enthusiastic sales team.
• Have the ability to sell to clients direct and immerse yourself into the industry
• Be a finisher – see projects through successfully.
• Effective and accurate reporting, budgeting and forecasting of ad revenues on a regular basis and as required
• Recruit, train, coach and develop the sales team to:
• Maximise revenues across the portfolio both individually and through strategies you have set out to your sales team – leading from the front at all times.
• Account manage, maintain and develop an existing portfolio of accounts in order to achieve revenue in line with annual budgets and forecasts.
• Day to day management of the sales team
• Be able to lead from the front by generating, selling, negotiating and securing new business revenues.
• Achieve agreed levels of team productivity, ensuring your team are performing to these standards and managing poor performance if and when appropriate.
• Act as a sales figurehead for your title, both internally and externally.
Apply for this job