DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.8bn.
To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping & port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions.
For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services.
Our 8,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Sales Manager to join our Freight Sales team. You will be positive and diplomatic with the ability to build rapport with our customers, other key stakeholders and the wider team.
Please note this is a home-based role. Candidates can be based anywhere South of Birmingham.
- Working in close co-operation with the Freight Sales Director, you will be responsible for existing and new freight customer business.
- To ensure regular contact and excellent communication both internally and externally, whilst actively seeking new and profitable business for the company.
Skills and Experience required:
- An experienced Sales Manager (Minimum 5 years). Awareness and knowledge of the freight market will be a distinct advantage.
- Proven track record of sales successes and business development.
- Effective communicator at all levels.
- Customer focused with the ability to listen to the customer and understand their requirements.
- A seasoned negotiator with the ability to agree rates and payment terms in conjunction with company and Sales Director guidelines.
- Self-driven with the ability to hit the ground running.
- Possess the ability to monitor shipping volumes on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and recognise changes in customer and market trends, and to make the necessary changes.
- Concisely manage all administration tasks, including but not limited to, visit reports, sales quotations, customer agreements and updating the company CRM system.
- Ensure that all reporting is performed in an accurate and timely manner on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Structured work ethic with the ability to work from home as well as extensive travel for customer visits across the southern UK.
Computer literate, knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and the ability to learn the DFDS internal systems.