about 1 month ago
Home Based Scotland
Would you like to join a highly successful sales team for the UK's largest insurance business?
The International Broker Sales & Distribution team are currently looking to recruit a Sales Manager to work in Aviva’s GI Scotland Region. In this role, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your outstanding relationship management skills as you take ownership for the account management of your aligned panel of brokers.
What is the team?
The International Broker Sales & Distribution team is a dedicated group of people who are responsible for the implementation and delivery of Aviva’s strategy at a national and regional level with our panel of brokers. These include Aon, Gallagher, Hyperion, Jelf, JLT, Lockton, Marsh, Miller and Willis.
This is a high-profile role within Aviva and the wider GI market in Scotland so you will act as the focal point for all Aviva activities for your panel of brokers, both internally and in the external market.
What will the role involve?
As Sales Manager, you'll be taking a leadership role in the Scotland region, supporting colleagues across the SME, GCS and Personal Line verticals. You will also be responsible for delivering financial performance and reporting for International Brokers.
This role will contribute to the commercial success of Aviva by:
* Implementing Vertical Plans across all aligned brokers and ensuring there is a comprehensive Contact Strategy for each one.
* Using Salesforce/CRM prospecting and pipeline tools to provide sales funnel MI to generate growth, opportunity and feedback to teams.
* Profiling broker branches and developing a keen understanding of your broker portfolio to find opportunities and threats.
* Understanding, implementing and executing Broker Services and actions aligned to the Strategic Account Plan and deals for each broker. Make sure Broker Services are demonstrable at a local level.
* Working closely with trading colleagues throughout the business to help drive their growth/profit strategies.
* Monitoring broker portfolio performance. Taking responsibility and agreeing actions where individual broker performance is outside of target.
* Agreeing suitable deals with brokers to support panel growth and profit.
* Gaining a deep understanding of Aviva's proposition. Understanding client needs and look for opportunities to promote Aviva TCC capabilities.
* Identifying current/emerging risks and the implementation of robust risk management plans.
What skills/experience would be right for this position?
* Previous experience in a sales-focused or account management role.
* Understanding of GI environment, including strong knowledge of GI classes of business.
* Good knowledge of the Scottish broker market.
* The ability to plan and implement at a strategic and tactical level.
* Ability to handle senior relationships both internally and externally.
* A solid grasp of underwriting, deal construction and broker account performance.
* Excellent communication skills and an ability to provide consultation, mentorship and advice to senior partners.
* Good analytical capabilities as well as being confident using technical tools to develop solutions accordingly.
* Upbeat and forward-looking, someone who is capable of working towards common goals without close supervision.
* Decisive with a willingness to take ownership of problems and their solutions.
* ACII qualification would be desirable.
What will you get for this role?
* Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
* Company car.
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
* Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family.
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through Workday and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Megan Douglas in the Resourcing team on.
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.