We are seeking a proven Sales Manager / Head of Sales with the ability to create and implement successful strategic sales plans, whilst leading a remote team based across the East Midlands, selling a wide range of solutions into the Education and Youth Sector.
SALARY: £45,000 - £55,000
BENEFITS: Bonus + Company Car + Pension (non-contributory at 6%) + 25 Days Holiday (plus bank Holidays) + Life Assurance @ 4 x salary + Optional Medical Insurance
LOCATION: Home Based role covering the East and East Midlands
This is a home based role covering the East and East Midlands region. You could be based in Lincoln, Nottingham, Leicester, Loughborough, Derby, Grantham, Boston, Peterborough, Corby, Northampton, Kettering, Melton Mowbray, Rugby, East Midlands.
You would apply for this Sales Manager role because:
· You want to see the tangible positive impact your Education / Youth Services market knowledge and skills can bring to the lives of children and young people.
· You’re an experienced Sales Manager who’s ready to step up in to a more strategic role and who wants the autonomy to shape the commercial direction of our business.
· You enjoy being surrounded by like-minded individuals who share a passion to achieve a common goal.
JOB PROFILE: Sales Manager / Head of Sales – Education / Youth Services
We have grown to become one of the UK’s most successful, financially independent Commercial Social Enterprises. Working closely with a wide variety of organisations & partners, we deliver specialised services and solutions to support Children and Young people as they transition from Education into the Workplace. We give them the essential life skills they will need to be successful and we are set for the next exciting stage in our growth journey.
As Sales Manager / Head of Sales, reporting to the Chief Executive and operating as part of our Senior Leadership team, this your chance to drive our continuing sales and growth. You’ll have complete autonomy to lead the direction and on-going development of an already successful team, helping to design and implement new sales strategies that will ensure we achieve our five year plan.
Your key responsibilities will include:
· Leadership and mentorship of both our Sales Team and Growth Team, currently comprising of circa 11 people across multiple sites – Lincoln, Leicester and Northampton – developing new methods, strategies and plans for brand growth.
· The development of a long-term strategic sales plan, taking account of our existing five year plan.
· The creation and implementation of KPI’s relevant to the ongoing development of the sales and growth team and their personal objectives.
· Working closely with the Head of Contracts and Head of Delivery to ensure both a strategic planned approach to bidding for new contacts and that new services can be delivered.
· Pro-actively engaging with key stakeholders across our operational market sectors, being seen as a subject matter expert and market influencer.
Ultimately, you will use your market knowledge and expertise to un-earth opportunities to monetise solutions, that enrich children and young people’s lives, creating a diverse portfolio of value added services.
The above is a summary of the key areas of responsibility for the Sales Manager / Head of Sales – Education / Youth Services, a full role breakdown can be provided upon application.
As Sales Manager / Head of Sales you should be able to demonstrate the following core capabilities, particularly in relation to the Education, Local Authority and Youth Sector:
· Successfully operating at a Senior Executive Level within a business.
· Successful personal sales within the Education, Local Authority and/or Youth Sector, won at a Senior engagement level.
· A track record of developing and launching new services to market.
· The ability to inspire, lead, mentor and develop remote teams.
· Accurate KPI creation and accountability.
In particular is the ability to successfully generate income through the building and engagement of senior level relationships across the education and youth sector, while building and leading a remote team.
Established in 2001, we are a successful, passionate social enterprise that employs over 60 people across 3 UK locations. We create innovative partnerships with organisations that help to support young people to develop the skills they need to thrive and survive in today’s commercial world.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services:
Sales Manager, Head of Sales, Sales Director, Sales Manager, UK Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager, Territory Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Education, Schools, Colleges, University, Higher Education, Further Education, Social Enterprise, Charity, Not-For-Profit, Local Authority.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Lee Henning quoting Head of Sales and reference LH15130 to DD: +Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.