6 months ago
Sales Executive, You & Your Wedding
Overall Job Purpose
Immediate Media’s Wedding Network is made up of one of the UK’s most popular Bridal magazines: You & Your Wedding as well as the UK’s market leading wedding planning website Hitched.co.uk. Across both brands in print, digital and social we reach an audience of over 1.7M every month.
We are looking for a Sales Executive to champion these two vibrant brands and develop new and existing business across key accounts in order to deliver on challenging revenue targets. In your role, you will be responsible for shaping and developing Immediate Wedding’s print and digital platforms, core relationships and sales products. You will be an important part of a passionate and hard-working advertising team responsible for the continued growth and success of the Wedding Network here at Immediate Media.
The successful candidate will not only be working with the major players in the UK Wedding market but will also have exposure with leading agencies who work with key consumer brands. Travel, Retail, Finance and Beauty are all categories that we work closely with.
This Sales Executive role has the core objective to develop and grow revenue potential of new and existing advertisers through the effective management of an agency and client portfolio. The position covers every aspect of the portfolio and provides an opportunity to sell across a variety of revenue streams (creative solutions, digital, display, direct marketing and events).
Working closely with the Ad Manager, you will be responsible for the accelerated growth of the print and digital line, working closely with editorial, insight, design and tech to develop and deliver innovative, market-leading solutions.
You will personally account manage existing clients & agencies; pitch & develop new business; understand and monitor the market & strive to develop exciting & market leading client solutions across the brand. You will look after clients for cross-media campaigns where appropriate, developing and pitching creative, bespoke solutions. You will occasionally represent the wider London Specialist Division team and include other relevant brands where appropriate.
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
* To be seen as an expert in Immediate’s Wedding Network and Immediate Media’s strengths within the competitive set
* To demonstrate a broad knowledge of the market and have a sound understanding of trends
* To comprehend, interpret and present sales data to maximise advertising potential
* To fully articulate Immediate Media’s proposition and its relevance to advertisers
* To effectively utilise the Insight team according to need
Personal agency portfolio
* To pro-actively sell the Immediate Media Wedding Network proposition to agencies and clients at every opportunity
* To effectively manage all personal agency/client portfolio through a fully integrated strategy
* To have active relationships with all key contacts across portfolio including key press buying and planning agency team contacts
* To have knowledge of previous, current and future activity for each agency across all revenue streams
* To have specific, measurable performance improvement targets/goals for new, existing and lapsed advertisers as agreed with the Advertising Manager
* To effectively adapt selling technique according to market conditions
* To ensure that all competitor leads are chased and followed up at all times
* To attend a minimum of 5 external meetings per week
* To effectively negotiate the best rate possible for every piece of business
* To effectively manage all deals to maximise revenue and share
* To help identify and create client led deal opportunities
* To effectively negotiate multiple title and website campaigns
* To create and present effective pitches showcasing the Immediate Wedding Network potential to maximum effect
* To confidently present the Immediate Wedding Network on both a 1:1 basis or within a group
* To effectively utilise Insight in preparation for all meetings and in all presentations
* To ensure all titles and platforms are fully considered and where appropriate included in all pitches
* Ensure files are up to date and can be used by anyone at anytime including:
* Agency and client strategies
* Competitor leads
* Ensure all campaigns are booked correctly onto the system, and as soon as the booking is confirmed
Drive for Results
* Can be counted on to exceed goals and targets successfully; consistently pushes yourself and your team to achieve goals and plans. Proactive and self motivated. Hungry to prove yourself and be successful.
* Bright and intelligent; comfortably deals with concepts and complexity; sharp, capable and agile; keen to learn and develop; learns quickly and enjoys the challenge of new things; experiments for solutions.
* Dedicated to meeting expectations; acts with the customer in mind; establishes good relationships; gains trust and respect.
* Able to work in a fast paced, self directed, entrepreneurial environment; full of energy for challenges; seizes opportunities.
* Excellent sales, negotiation and presentation skills as well as keen attention to detail
* Strong new business skills and tenacious approach
* A strong team player with a proven track record in achieving and exceeding sales revenues
* Excellent knowledge and ability to apply all the latest applicable research and data within sales process
* Exceptional communication, administration and business skills
* Education preferably to degree level
* Must have a passion for consumer publishing