Sales Executive (Internal)
From the business starting in 1866, our client has provided over 150 years of a hands-on customer service approach, a mindset that sets them apart from their competitors. A leading steel stockholding business, our client has 43 companies within the group employing 1100 employees across 25+ locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet. Their extensive steel processing facilities are world-class, and their expertise and advanced specialist skills have ensured the outstanding success of a diverse range of high-profile projects around the globe.
Position: Sales Executive (Internal)
Location: Chester (commutable from Wrexham, Northwich, Liverpool and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday 06:30am to 15:30pm
Benefits: Pension, 21 Days holidays + bank holidays, Discretionary Bonus
About the role:
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls, emails and marketing campaigns.
- Build partnering relationships to understand customer needs and requirements.
- Close sales and achieve monthly targets as agreed with your line manager.
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects.
- Maximise processing sales by continually expanding orders and up selling on all incoming and outgoing.
- Ensure that all quotes are followed up within a time frame designated by your manager and that the appropriate people are given feedback in relation to these quotes.
- To maintain customer account details to ensure up to date contact, delivery and unloading information is on file; to provide relevant information to purchasing, accounts, works and transport departments to ensure the company complies with Health & Safety legislation and can exceed their customers’ expectations on customer service.
You will have the passion, drive and confidence to work within the business in a collaborative, creative way.
Essential Skills for the role:
- Build strong relationships quickly with a proactive attitude and approach.
- Thrives off working to targets and KPI’s.
- Excellent communication & computer skills.
How it feels to work for them:
They provide a fantastic opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation that is respected as the UK’s leading independent steel stockholder. Their people are the driving force behind our client and they seek individuals who are passionate, hard-working, ambitious and demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude to help them build and develop the business.
You may have experience of the following: Sales Executive, Internal Sales Executive, Account Manager, Account Executive, Business Development Executive, Business Development, Account Management, Internal Account Manager, Internal Sales Assistant, Customer Service, Relationship Management, Trainee Sales Executive, etc.