about 1 year ago
Sales Executive, Gardeners' World
Overall Job Purpose
This is an exciting role working on a market leading title. The successful candidate will not be only be working with the major players in the gardening market but will also have exposure with leading agencies who work with key consumer brands. Travel, Motor, Pharma, Retail and Food & Drink are all categories that we work closely with.
The Sales Executive has the core objective to develop and grow revenue potential of new and existing advertisers through the effective management of an agency and client portfolio. The position covers every aspect of the portfolio and provides an opportunity to sell across a variety of revenue streams (creative solutions, digital, display, direct marketing).
Working closely with the Ad Manager and Group Head, you will be responsible for the accelerated growth of the print and digital line, working closely with editorial, insight, design and tech to develop and deliver innovative, market-leading solutions.
You will personally account manage existing clients & agencies; pitch & develop new business; understand and monitor the market & strive to develop exciting & market leading client solutions across the brand. You will look after clients for cross-media campaigns where appropriate, developing and pitching creative, bespoke solutions. You will occasionally represent the wider London Specialist Division team and include other relevant brands where appropriate
* To be seen as an expert in Gardeners’ World and Immediate Media’s strengths within the competitive set
* To demonstrate a broad knowledge of the market and have a sound understanding of trends
* To comprehend, interpret and present sales data to maximise advertising potential
* To fully articulate Immediate Media’s proposition and its relevance to advertisers
* To effectively utilise the Insight team according to need
* To pro-actively sell the Gardeners’ World proposition in to agencies and clients at every opportunity
* To effectively manage all personal agency/client portfolio through a fully integrated strategy
* To have active relationships with all key contacts across portfolio including key press buying and planning agency team contacts
* To have knowledge of previous, current and future activity for each agency across all revenue streams
* To have specific, measurable performance improvement targets/goals for new, existing and lapsed advertisers as agreed with Group Ad Manager
* To effectively adapt selling technique according to market conditions
* To ensure that all competitor leads are chased and followed up at all times
* To attend a minimum of 5 external meetings per week
* To effectively negotiate the best rate possible for every piece of business
* To effectively manage all deals to maximise revenue and share
* To help identify and create client led deal opportunities
* To effectively negotiate multiple title and website campaigns
* To create and present effective pitches showcasing Gardeners’ World potential to maximum effect
* To confidently present Gardeners’ World on both a 1:1 basis or within a group
* To effectively utilise Insight in preparation for all meetings and in all presentations
* To ensure all titles and platforms are fully considered and where appropriate included in all pitches
* Ensure files are up to date and can be used by anyone at any time including:
* Agency and client strategies
* Competitor leads
* Ensure all campaigns are booked correctly onto the system, and as soon as the booking is confirmed
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
Driven for Results
* Can be counted on to exceed goals and targets successfully; consistently pushes yourself and your team to achieve goals and plans.
* Proactive and self motivated.
* Hungry to prove yourself and be successful.
* Bright and intelligent; comfortably deals with concepts and complexity; sharp, capable and agile; keen to learn and develop; learns quickly and enjoys the challenge of new things; experiments for solutions.
* Dedicated to meeting expectations; acts with the customer in mind; establishes good relationships; gains trust and respect.
* Able to work in a fast paced, self directed, entrepreneurial environment; full of energy for challenges; seizes opportunities.
* Display sales experience in a b2c magazine company a must
* Excellent sales, negotiation and presentation skills as well as keen attention to detail
* Strong new business skills and tenacious approach
* A strong team player with a proven track record in achieving and exceeding sales revenues
* Excellent knowledge and ability to apply all the latest applicable research and data within the sales process
* Exceptional communication, administration and business skills
* Education preferably to degree level
* Experience in the gardening industry is a plus but not a pre-requisite
* Overall having a passion for consumer publishing is a must
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS