4 months ago
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in a technical sales or consulting environment, or an enterprise architecture/systems engineering team, within an organization. Experience with modern cloud architectures and technologies.
* Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
* Demonstrated understanding of the broader cloud marketplace and the differentiators in offerings.
* Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new and emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space.
* Effective presentation skills, with the ability to deliver technical presentations.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a Customer Engineer, you'll help to solve customer and partner business challenges, realize new opportunities, and become more collaborative by applying Google’s technology. You will explain technical features, develop creative cloud solutions and architectures, and problem-solve any potential roadblocks.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers and developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
* Identify customer business requirements, create and develop Cloud-based solutions which address customer requirements and bring Google’s innovation into their school infrastructures.
* Promote Google for Education’s portfolio in both customer-facing meetings or public events.
* Work closely with our Product, Support, Engineering and Sales teams to stay on top of industry trends, and devise enhancements for Google for Education products.
* Prepare and present demonstrations of Google products, and address technical questions that arise throughout the sales process.
* Take responsibility for technical aspects of solutions to include activities such as bid responses, product and solution briefings, partner training, proof-of-concept work and the coordination of supporting technical resources.