5 months ago
This is a 12 month Fixed-Term Contract (FTC) position.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in technical consulting and pre-sales engagements.
* Google Analytics Individual Qualification certification.
* Experience with SQL databases and scripting languages (e.g., PHP, Python).
* Experience in Google Analytics and working with reports and implementing code.
* Ability to take initiative and drive projects to successful and timely conclusions while collaborating cross-functionally.
* Ability to coach, mentor, and develop effective client relationships. Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
About the job
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
As a Sales Engineer, you will work within our Google Marketing Platform (GMP) Sales team. You will be a key product and domain expert helping the Sales team define solutions to business and marketing challenges, articulating the value of our product and key features, and overcoming technical and other objections.
In this role, you will combine the ability to be in front of customers and prospects in a sales capacity with the ability to talk with technical and other functional stakeholders, ensuring the Sales team is setting fair and realistic expectations that our Support and Implementation teams will be able to deliver on. You will be a key link between the pre-sales process and our post-sales Solution Specialists who will support beyond delivery, focusing on data strategy for Cloud4Marketing and how it interacts with the Google Marketing Platform and existing technical infrastructure.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google's broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
* Design and deliver tailored customer centric engagements, focusing on how C4M and GMP products can solve key business challenges around data strategy, audience management and activation, and media measurement/attribution. Be comfortable delivering live platform demonstrations as part of these engagements.
* Collaborate cross-functionally with Sales, Product Management, and Engineering to ensure we are positioning and articulating the value of our products and features accurately.
* Provide technical input to resolve customer queries and build successful long-term relationships with clients and partners.
* Lead strategic projects to improve our product offerings.
* Build product expertise of the full C4M and GMP product suite, focusing on data and audience strategy.