5 months ago
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
* Experience serving in the capacity of a sales engineer or technical consultant in a cloud computing environment or in a customer facing role.
* Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s or PhD).
* Experience with on-premise and cloud based mail delivery, routing, and filtering technologies.
* Experience with cloud security, including identity and access management (IAM), SSO, OAuth and 2-step verification.
* Experience in mobile device management and relevant 3rd party integrations.
* Familiarity with Big Data, PaaS, and IaaS terminology.
* Effective presentation skills with the ability to deliver a technical pitch to customers.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
With millions of companies relying on Google Cloud, we regularly answer questions about technical features, helping customers design architectures, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshooting potential roadblocks related to database migration and data back ends.
As a Sales Engineer for G Suite, you'll utilize both your technical
aptitude and communication skills to address all aspects of the data
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
* Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections, and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
* Share in-depth G-Suite expertise to support the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination and prioritization of solutions impacting customer adoption of Google Cloud.
* Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments
* Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure.
* Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.