3 months ago
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience with web services related standards such as HTTP, REST, SOAP, and OAuth.
* Experience building and delivering Proofs of Concept (PoCs) independently and effectively.
* Experience as a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
* Experience architecting and developing software for scalable, distributed systems.
* Familiarity with middleware and cloud technologies like NOSQL datastores, Google Cloud and Mobile app development.
* Ability to lead architecture discussions and influence key decision makers around deployment topologies, scaling, performance and sizing.
* Ability to speak English and Italian or Spanish fluently and idiomatically.
* Ability and willingness to travel as required (approximately 50%).
About the job
Apigee Edge is an advanced API platform that enables enterprises to create, manage, secure and scale APIs. Using Apigee, enterprises can design and deploy API proxies in public and private clouds, secure data in transit with OAuth 2.0, SAML and two-way TLS, protect against traffic spikes by adding dynamic routing, caching and rate-limiting policies to APIs, and measure the success of both API operations and API business with end-to-end analytics.
As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help businesses of all sizes leverage technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
We are seeking a Sales Engineer who will play a critical role in establishing credibility and confidence with our prospective clients, by demonstrating and proving our value through our products, services, and thought leadership.
You will work closely with prospective customers providing digital/API strategy and technology expertise to compliment the account development efforts of strategic and regional sales teams. Sales Engineer are responsible for imparting best practices and knowledge about API strategies, the optimal leverage of Apigee and gaining the long term trust of C-Suite executive and advisors.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
* Develop a strong working relationship with the customer’s technical staff and be able to gain their trust and credibility through your deep technical knowledge and subject matter expertise.
* Work closely with the Account Executive to align the technical requirements and the solution design with the customer's business drivers.
* Develop Proofs of Concept, presentations and demos with a clear plan to take a prospect successfully through the evaluation process.
* Manage and lead the customer throughout the evaluation process through to completion.
* Coordinate and deliver RFP/I/Q responses and technical architecture solutions.