Our client is a market leading Telecom Provider offering a complete range of Business Only ‘fit for purpose’ services ranging from data, voice and mobile through to fully integrated and converged solutions. They work hard to ensure their services and support are always Fit For Purpose. They provide a range of telecommunications, systems, management services and solutions directly to SME and Corporate customers as well as to a growing number of Channel Partners.
Position: Sales Engineer
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire (commutable from Leicester, Melton Mowbray, Nottingham, Derby, Burton upon Trent and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: circa £24K per annum OTE up to £30K
About the role:
As a Sales Engineer, you'll combine technical knowledge with sales skills. The balance depends on the level of technical knowledge and understanding you'll need to sell the product you're offering and to respond to clients' queries.
Your clients will usually be technical IT staff from both retail and non-retail organisations, from High Street stores through to construction companies.
To ensure your clients' and the company's needs are met, you'll liaise regularly with both account managers and business development execs within the business to assist them with their bids, in addition, you will need to maintain open contact with colleagues from other departments such as product development, technical development, fulfilment and customer service as well as senior company managers and Exec Sponsors.
You'll usually split your time between the office and visiting new and existing clients, visiting these on a weekly basis. As well as clients, you'll also travel to trade shows and conferences regularly so a full UK driving license is a definite requirement. Initially, you will be expected to gain experience in your field, develop product / service knowledge, and build your reputation in technical sales.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Degree or equivalent IT experience (Minimum 1 years experience in a similar role)
- IT / Technical related qualifications
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a good telephone manner
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Ability to work to and meet deadlines
- All MS Office products
- Good telephone manner
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to accommodate peaks in workload
- Working unsociable hours will be required from time to time
- A solid technical background
- The ability to build relationships with clients quickly
- Ability to Sell, Document and Communicate Network Connectivity solutions, Cloud Services and bespoke IT solutions to both Technical and Non-Technical customer staff
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Evidence of relevant training
- Relevant customer service experience
- 1-2 years or more sales experience
- Working in a technical environment
- Worked within ISP / Telco environment
If you are an Engineer looking to go into sales this role would be ideal for you.
You may have experience of the following: Field Sales Engineer, Sales Engineer, Sales Executive, Telesales Executive, Technical Sales Engineer, Technical Sales, Pre Sales Engineer, Pre-Sales Engineer, Presales Engineer, Engineer, Graduate, etc.