Sales Development Manager
Our client is a market leading energy broker and consultant for the agricultural and horticultural industry, owned by the National Farmers Union. They offer a good working environment and opportunities for career development as their business continues to expand.
Based on the Stoneleigh Park site and surrounded by countryside, the facilities on site include a farm shop & café, a small hotel with restaurant, a gym and an independent children’s day nursery.
Position: Sales Development Manager
Location: Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire (Commutable from Coventry, Rugby, Royal Leamington Spa, Daventry, Nuneaton, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week
Salary: c.£35 to 40k, plus a performance related bonus and benefits package, depending on your experience
About the role:
Our client has a position for a headquarters-based Sales Development Manager.
This is a new and crucial role that has two main duties, firstly, to support the sale of consultancy services to new clients and secondly, when necessary, to support colleagues to produce and follow up on proposals and quotes.
- Follow up sales leads and support clients with sales visits
- Prepare and deliver quotes and proposals
- Manage existing systems and assist in developing efficient sales processes
- Prepare regular sales / performance target reports
- Identify and implement sales / service enhancements
- Support and contribute to the on-going development of customer propositions / pricing strategies
- Support the Head of Sales during negotiations with prospective and existing clients
- Represent our client at shows and conferences
- Excellent written and verbal communication / networking skills
- An understanding of energy services
- Experience of successfully managing deadlines and outcomes
- A proven track record in “technical” Business to Business sales
- The practical use of CRM / sales management systems
- Proven ability to present to large audiences
- An understanding of agriculture is desirable
You may have experience of the following: Sales Development Manager, Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Business Development, New Business Development, Business Development Executive, Sales Executive, Account Manager, Account Management, Energy Services, Agriculture, etc.