Sales Consultant (Energy Contracts)
Our client is a market leading energy broker and consultant for the agricultural and horticultural industry. They are a wholly owned subsidiary of the National Farmers Union. They offer a superb working environment in their recently refurbished office and great opportunities for career development as the business continues to expand.
Based on the Stoneleigh Park site and surrounded by countryside, the facilities on site include a farm shop & café, a small hotel with restaurant, a gym and an independent children's day nursery.
Position: Sales Consultant
Location: Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire (Commutable from Royal Leamington Spa, Coventry, Rugby, Solihull, Birmingham, Daventry, Northampton, Leicester and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: up to £28,000 per annum plus performance bonus, depending on your experience and a benefits package
About the role:
They're looking for an experienced and successful Sales Consultant to join the energy contract sales team. This is an exciting opportunity to help grow our client's business by securing new customers, selling additional services to existing customers and cross selling to other departments.
Your role will be to oversee the end to end sales process for matrix and bespoke electricity and gas contracts for SME businesses. You must have a proven track record in delivering excellent customer service, as well as achieving individual and team targets.
Experience of working in the energy industry would be a distinct advantage but is not essential. It's more important that you can learn quickly and demonstrate a proactive approach.
- Sell energy contracts to new and existing customers in order to achieve both personal and team targets
- Contribute to sales reports where required by the Contract Sales Manager
- Tailor relevant products to different types of clients
- Identify cross-selling opportunities for other areas of the business
- Be fully responsible for the quality of sale up to the supply going live
- Make suggestions and contribute to the improvement of the sales process to ensure consistency and quality are maintained
- Ensure sufficient support and accurate information is provided to the contract admin team
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's grade A-C or equivalent, you will need to have strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Business to business sales experience including telesales
- Exceptional organisational skills and experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to a range of audiences
- Proven record of establishing effective working relationships
- Good judgement skills - be able to identify issues / opportunities and allocate time / resource accordingly
- The ability to listen and respond appropriately to instruction
- Intermediate IT skills including Excel and Word
- Good commercial acumen
- Be able to work both under your own initiative and as part of a team
You may have experience of the following: Sales Consultant, Senior Sales Executive, Lead Generation, Sales Advisor, Account Manager, Sales Executive, Account Management, Internal Account Manager, Sales Support, Business Development, Sales Administrator, Internal Sales Executive, Contact Centre, Lead Generator, Inside Sales Executive, Customer Service, Contract Sales etc.