Our client are an international non-governmental organisation who provide contraception and safe abortion services globally.
The Sales Channel Director is to be responsible for activating and strategising an international plan for the development and sales of sexual health projects, products and services.
Our client are a global organisation providing personalised contraception and safe abortion services to women and girls. Their local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services they provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she's free to pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further our clients goal: The prevention of unwanted births and its mission of ensuring an individual's right to children by choice, not chance.
- Delivery of our clients sexual health projects, products and services in line with financial and strategy objectives
- Delivery of all product portfolio
- Helping the Strategy and Donor Team win new proposals and influence sector thought leadership that underpins the brand
- Your goal is to work on a sales strategy that will assist in doubling the number of safe medical abortions/Post Abortion Care from 3M women to 6M women by 2020
- People management - you'll be responsible for five cluster leads, one finance manager, one product specialist and one product marketing manager
- You'll be expected to travel 20-30% of the time to Asia and Africa - our client have a strong presence in countries in these regions already but a sales plan needs activating
- P&L analysis
- Implementing a sales strategy
- Links with end users will need exploring: local Government, hospitals, pharmacies, clinics and public health facilities
- Liaising with in-country Directors
Our client are looking for someone with the following experience and attributes:
- Highly experienced in sales management and managing distributors and wholesalers and working with third parties to drive sales performance and grow margin
- Distributor and wholesaler channels exposure is needed
- Significant sales experience in the health development sector including taking products/services to scale and within the healthcare regulatory environment
- Proven experience in healthcare new brand/product development and launch (market mapping;client segmentation and targeting, pricing and product packaging)
- Experience in reproductive healthcare service delivery models and health financing approaches is desirable
- Exposure to contraceptives and post-care is desirable
- International sales exposure is essential
- You must be culturally aware and aware of regulations
- A team leader and motivator
- Evidence of selecting distributors and negotiating agreements
- Experience of product launch is essential
- You must have a healthcare, pharmaceutical or medical background
Our client are looking to pay circa £80-90K with all additional benefits to be discussed at interview. There is flex for this salary to go higher.
Your personal attributes are important for this role - if you're resilient, flexible and with a positive mindset able to demonstrate your support of the cause of family planning and a woman's right to safe abortion on a global stage, I really look forward to hearing from you.