Sales & Business Development Executive
Julian Christian, a successful, market leading luxury garden building manufacturer, is seeking a highly experienced & proactive Sales & Business Development executive who can demonstrate a successful track record in both SELLING - HIGH VALUE GOODS to affluent and discerning customers AND developing strong and profitable relationships with key accounts (e.g. Garden Centres).
The business is moving to new premises and you will be part of a small team responsible for driving sales of the company’s range of Luxury Thatched Garden Buildings as it embarks on a new growth phase.
To be successful in this role you will need to be highly motivated, organised, be comfortable with and have the ability to sell high-value goods to affluent and discerning consumers over the phone as well as face to face. In addition you will also have successful experience in developing and managing key accounts.
The sale of such high value goods can sometimes prove to be a lengthy and consultative process so having the ability to build a strong relationship with the customer together with the discipline to articulately track & document conversations etc on the CRM system provided is essential
· Managing and converting incoming leads generated by sales and marketing activity
· Consulting through site visits at customers properties
· Representing Julian Christian at Premium Consumer shows (e.g. Chelsea Flower Show)
· Lead generation, creating and following up marketing campaigns
· Developing and nurturing relationships with key garden centres
· Maintaining an accurate prospect database
· Proven consumer sales and key account experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience and a high level of success in telephone based selling
· Demonstrate a high level of success in direct face to face consultative sales
· IT literate and ideally with the ability to set out, format and write high quality visually attractive email etc
· Experience of selling at Consumer shows would be an advantage but not essential.
· Basic c£20,000 plus scaled commission - OTE £40-45k
· Genuine opportunity to achieve high earnings selling a proven, desirable product
· Full support in terms of training, marketing and existing CRM system
· A dynamic work environment supported by an experienced team.
Until May the position will be based in Chalgrove, Oxon, OX44 7RW. In May we are moving to Long Crendon, Bucks and that is where the successful candidate will ultimately be based.