6 months ago
Are you a friendly, vibrant and hard working individual?
Do you have a passion for retail and delivering fantastic customer service?
Would you enjoy being part of a small, close-knit team who work together and have fun?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine are seeking to recruit a committed and enthusiastic Sales Assistant/Driver to join our lovely King's Lynn team. You'll be joining a small team of 3 and we are looking for someone who will work on a part-time basis for 10 to 15 hours per week.
Our people are our greatest asset, they deliver exceptional service and that’s why our customers keep coming back. We are passionate about helping people find the wine they’ll love. Whether our customers are wine lovers or wine novices, our retail teams are there to help! We offer the very best opportunities and training for our Sales Assistants. At Majestic, we offer you the opportunity to immerse yourself into the wonderful world of wine and to delight our customers with our fantastic products, no matter what their mission is when they come into one of our stores.
Who are Majestic?
Majestic Wine are the largest wine specialist in the UK with over 200 stores, as well as a very significant online presence and megastores in Calais, France. Following the merger between Naked Wines and Majestic, CEO Rowan Gormley has set the wheels in motion to transform the business into a new kind of retailer - a retailer that is loved by customers, loved by suppliers and loved by shareholders.
What we are looking for?
As a Sales Assistant at Majestic, you’ll be an ambassador for the store in which you work, working with the team to deliver an outstanding shopping experience for every one of our customers. Therefore, we are looking for people who:
* Have a friendly, vibrant and engaging personal style
* Have the confidence to talk to our customers about the wine we sell
* Know how to have fun and be happy to taste wine you have never come across before
* Have a passion about engaging with customers and delivering a 5* customer experience
* Will play your part in making sure the store looks fantastic and is a neat, safe and attractive place for our customers to shop in
* Can prioritise and be efficient with their time so you can spend more time with our customers finding wines they’ll love
* Will be happy to pick wine orders and jump in the van to deliver them if needed
* Wants to constantly improve your wine knowledge so you can share this with our customers (don’t worry, we will teach you everything you need to know)
* Have a positive can do attitude and are willing to muck in and be a real team player
Skills / Experience
* Be over the age of 20 and have held a full UK driving licence for at least 12 months
* Strong communication skills
* Sound computer skills to be able to use our retail EPOS system
* Ability to regularly lift cases of wine weighing up to 18kg when merchandising in store or carrying customer purchases to their cars
* 1 year or more prior experience in retail sales (Desirable, not essential)
Why work for Majestic?
We pride ourselves on facilitating a work environment where you enjoy what you do but also importantly, being able to develop and grow your career.
* Free WSET Qualifications - All our staff receive free product training. So you don't have to have product knowledge, but definitely a hunger to learn all about wine!
* First Rate Training / Development - “Wine Lover to Business Partner” gives you an opportunity to receive training that will take you from a Sales Assistant to Management
* A Dynamic Culture - You’ll have the chance to work in an exciting, busy environment with a culture that genuinely rewards hard work
* Corking Colleagues - Work within a team who are passionate about wine, providing excellent customer service and most importantly fun to be around!
The nice added extras...
* At least the Living Wage hourly pay rate as Majestic Wine is an accredited Living Wage Employer
* A 20% staff discount on everything in store, which you can share with two of your family or friends.
* Free shares, so you can share in the success of the business.
* Access to our bonus schemes for hitting your team’s targets
* Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
* Free lunch Fridays (if you hit your weekly targets!)
* WSET Training qualification
* 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays - this will be pro rata’d if you work part time
* A contributory company Pension Plan
* Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary).
* Hourly Pay: £8.75 an hour
* Hours: 10 to 15 hours per week
* Job Type: Permanent
If you are passionate about growing and developing in a successful business who genuinely care about their people… please do apply today!