3 months ago
Sales and Distribution Manager
Sales and Distribution Manager
The UKGI Broker Sales & Distribution Team are looking to recruit a Sales & Distribution Manager. This is a Birmingham based role with travel required.
The team interact with a variety of General Insurance Intermediaries across the UK, including those that are members of our Club 110 and Key Partner broker distribution segments, with the aim of increasing Gross Written Premiums and Profit across the broker panel.
You will work with a defined group of brokers and the key to your success will be your ability to quickly build effective relationships with these brokers along with developing a strong internal network. The role will involve a significant amount of time working away from an Aviva office so you should be organised and flexible. You will need to be resilient, tenacious, self-motivated, inquisitive and be adept at finding solutions to a wide range of business opportunities and relationship issues. You will demonstrate leadership and will work well as part of a wide virtual team within Aviva as you look to deliver our commitment to be a true customer composite insurer.
You will enjoy a varied and challenging role and it presents a fantastic opportunity to work closely with many teams across Aviva, in the pursuit of growing our Intermediary business.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
* Working with an agreed panel of brokers ensuring that you fully develop and manage accounts in line with Aviva strategy.
* Fully understanding the motivation and dynamics within each broker and fully understand current market issues and economic conditions which could affect them, taking a consultative approach to help improve business prospects and work on joint ventures to mutual gain.
* Building, maintaining and leading a clear and robust contact strategy that incorporates all relevant parts of the Aviva business and covers all levels of the broker hierarchy to maximise joint opportunities.
* Building and executing regularly reviewed and maintained business plans with all of your brokers to maximise development opportunities, including a suitable financial deal where applicable. Agree new objectives on a regular basis with your brokers.
* Identifying new opportunities and utilise the full range of Aviva solutions throughout your broker panel to secure sustainable and profitable growth.
* Regularly monitoring the P&L performance for your panel of brokers and put remedial plans in place where required across all business lines and individual brokers.
* Proactively managing any broker conduct issues and ensure that payment issues are resolved to reduce the level of any outstanding debt.
Ideally, you will have experience of working with General Insurance Intermediaries and have a knowledge of commercial and/or personal underwriting. It would also be preferable for you to be working towards Professional Insurance qualifications.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.