Sales and Commercial Contracts Manager, £45,000 + mileage allowance + significant company benefits. Well-structured and highly successful event management firm requires a multi-skilled Sales Manager to manage the small team of four sales, sales admin and contracts staff. As the Sales Manager, you will lead by example and ensure that the team has an excellent team spirit to enable them to provide all customers with terrific service which in turn, ensures that all business growth targets are met. The role is a combination of sales, management, strategy, supplier management and negotiation and bids and tender management. Clients are high profile private, and public sector and client contacts are often at the very highest levels.
This is a new role, due to a recent restructure, that requires a strong people-manager that is capable of taking over a successful and very experienced team and installing greater levels of training, tracking and mentoring to ensure the team achieves the ambitious growth targets set by the parent group.
* You will have a proven track record of managing a sales or telesales team and ideally have operational exposure to areas such as supplier management and negotiation, contract management, bids and tenders, planning, project management and service delivery.
* You will be commercially astute, happy with reading contracts and 'policing' suppliers.
* You will be used to introducing new processes to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
* You will be used to managing by measures, and a proven leader with an enthusiastic and positive "can do" attitude.
* You will be self-motivated and an ideas person that is always looking to improve the team and how they operate,
* You will be happy in a national role with occasional client meetings and overnights away from home while overseeing major events.
* You will be a proactive sales leader and set high expectation levels for both your team and yourself.
* Your style will be managing 'from the front' with a healthy balance of 'carrot and stick'.
This is a hugely varied and exciting role within a dynamic, growing business and is ideal for a highly organised, articulate, resilient, confident and professional individual that wants to be part of a thriving, expanding company.
The role reports directly into a Group Director who is offsite typically four days per week. Therefore you must have the ability to work on your own together with the confidence to make decisions and handle all matters with consummate ease in their absence.
Your people skills are paramount, and as such you will be a consistent and fair manager that embraces change and is a highly effective communicator. You will be an above average user of the Microsoft Office software suite and be a conscientious and confident character that loves a challenge.
In addition, you will be a highly socially skilled and persuasive individual with a natural flair for introducing new working methods and selling those ideas to colleagues and peers.
The role is based from the office but will involved meetings with clients across the UK. The role is typically 5 days per week (Mon-Fri) but will require working away from home across the UK during the late spring-summer months while overseeing events.