Sales Administrator (Internal)
Since 1978 our client has successfully established itself as one of the UK`s leading distributors of industrial automation and control products. Over an impressive period of sustained and continuous growth, they have secured a nationwide network of sales locations employing over 250 personnel. The company has expanded by focusing on providing customers with the very best choice of products from leading manufacturers from around the world packaged together with a range of value-added services.
Position: Internal Sales
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire (Commutable from Spalding, Bourne, March, Stamford, Oundle, Chatteris, Huntingdon and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £17,000 to £19,000 per annum depending on skills and experience
Benefits: Health care cash plan, Auto enrolled in pension scheme, Group life assurance, Buy / sell holiday options, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work scheme, Health care upgrades available, Free parking.
About the role:
- Deal with customer orders and enquiries appropriately and in a timely manner
- Enter sales orders and to keep customers fully updated on progress of their orders
- Develop and maintain customer relationships whilst promoting Routeco's products and services and maximising sales opportunities
- Participating in pro-active telesales activities to our 'house account' ledger
- All aspects of non-franchise purchasing (order placement, carriage, progress etc.)
- Maintenance of customer discount schedules
- Escalate issues where appropriate to appropriate department or individual.
- Liaise with Sales Engineers, other departments and branches as required
- Meet the branch KPI's to maximise sales; maintain and grow the number of trading accounts; and increase the range of products sold
- Demonstrate sufficient commercial awareness to negotiate prices, depending on the customer status, ownership and type of product; thereby maximising the margin achieved on the transaction
- Understand the lead time requirements of the customer and utilise company resources to present alternative options if required
- Be aware of all franchise suppliers
- The job calls for a person who enjoys dealing with people, creating and maintaining relationships as well as making a good impression both personally and for the organisation
- It is important job holder should have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion and the ability to work within a structured environment.
- The ability to make favorable impressions on others will be an important attribute
- Gaining the enthusiastic commitment of others is important component of this job
- Customer support and servicing skills will be a critical factor of the role Is confident working with existing and new customers, over the phone and email
- The role holder will have the ability to provide practical solutions and follow up on enquiries
- It is important to have good working knowledge of Microsoft office and data entry systems
- Experience in similar sales / customer service environment is desirable
- A good level of education is required, with at least GSCE's in Maths and English (or equivalent)
You may have experience of the following: Sales Administrator, Sales Support, Sales Executive, Customer Relationship, Internal Account Manager, Customer Support, B2B Customer Service, Internal Account Executive, Internal Sales Administrator, Internal Sales Executive, etc