6 months ago
Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) is seeking a skilled and motivated Account Manager to build and scale our shipper-facing freight transportation product. An ideal candidate has experience in recruiting, converting, nurturing and growing accounts of all sizes, and in building, mentoring and leading medium to large customer-facing teams with high levels of service quality. The successful candidate is a data-driven self-starter with a Do-It-All attitude, sound business judgment, and a demonstrated sales record.
Responsibilities of this role will include (but are not limited to):
· Helping to build and grow a high performance shipper-facing team comprising talents in sales, sales operations, account management and marketing
· Converting shippers of all sizes across EU from a potential lead to an onboarded account and building steady freight demand
· Leading contract and rate negotiations with shippers to achieve optimal margins
· Translating customer feedback into data-driven requirements to drive continuous improvement with internal operations and technology teams
· Contributing both tactical and strategic communications with both external (shippers) and internal (e.g. Finance, Software Development) customers
· Maintaining a long term strategic focus while continuously driving short term actions to grow the shipper-facing business
· Experience in Sales or Account Management
· Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills to both internal and external stakeholders
· Demonstrated sales record
· A data-driven self-starter with a Do-It-All attitude and sound business judgment
· Demonstrated experience using data to drive defect reduction and process improvement
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
· Extensive knowledge in European logistics and transportation industry
· Demonstrated sales record with large strategic accounts
· Experience building, managing and growing a sales and account management team
· Ability to communicate fluently in French, German, Italian, and/or Spanish
· Experience with Salesforce and Pardot
· Knowledge in and experience using SQL
· Master’s Degree in Logistics, Transportation or related field
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.