6 months ago
This 20 year old manufacturer and supplier of fasteners that outperform conventional screws, bolts, ties and nails is growing in year-on-year sales and is looking for people to engage with their customers and end users in the timber and electrical trades.
This is a company that provide regular sales training at their monthly meetings, including hiring in experts from the industry to develop sales skills and product knowledge, so you can join safe in the knowledge that your professional development will be invested in.
The role includes:
- Organizing and running daily high quality, big impact demonstration days at trade shows and at customer branches across your area
- Making regular visits to distributors within your area and building lasting, mutually beneficial relationships at all levels of the business.
- Seeking out new end users through your existing trade contacts as well as new contacts from demonstration days and sales office leads, using your trade knowledge to encourage end users to try their products and see the time savings that are achievable for themselves.
- Finding and developing new distributors in your area.
- Reacting to customer requirements and ensuring orders are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Using sales data from the company all-in-one CRM and sales management software to identify and react to opportunities.
- Taking ownership of all responsibilities and seeing them through to their conclusion in an ordered and detailed fashion.
- Providing regular, accurate and detailed (daily, weekly and monthly) reports to the Director and Commercial Manger regarding all your business activities and insights.
- Have a sound knowledge of the timber or electrical industry (or both) preferably through first-hand experience.
- Have the drive and motivation to be proactive during the day taking and making telephone calls, visiting existing and prospective customers and constantly searching for new ways to interact with their trade-based customer base.
- Be confident engaging with tradesman and demonstrating why their products will save them time.
- Be able to confidently interact with their end users and distributors answering technical questions and guiding customers to the right products for their applications.
- Be confident enough to challenge existing systems and processes and offer suggestions on more efficient ways of working.
- Be confident with computer systems and have a working knowledge of basic Microsoft Windows based products as well as CRM/CMS tools (training provided on their software).
- Hold a current full UK driving licence.
- Working from home, managing a local area (Scotland)
- Core hours Monday to Friday 06:30-15:30, but remaining flexible
- 20 days of annual holiday entitlement + bank holidays and Christmas
- Company Van (1 yr old lease vehicle) including personal use
- Company Laptop/tablet and phone
- Company pension scheme
- Generous base salary with monthly commission based on % of sales achieved against target.