9 months ago
* IT Risk & Controls Manager in our IT Governance, Risk and Control team, to specialise in IT Operations and Service Delivery risk
* Located in Nationwide House, Swindon
* Salary £42,370 -£61,201 a year (dependent on skills and experience), based on a permanent, 35-hour week contract.
* Please send in your application by 16th January 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen to help shape Governance, Risk and Control management within IT Operations and Service Delivery to match or better those found in any financial services organisation. As IT Risk & Controls Manager in our Governance, Risk and Control team you’ll support leadership decision making by providing the right information, at the right time to the right person. The team are responsible for reporting the risk and control profile, providing an accurate current position as well as insight into how the profile might change as a result of future technology change. The team advise on what steps the business can take to reduce the likelihood of an IT Operations risk having an impact on customer service.
Who we're looking for
You may already be a Risk & Controls Manager with experience of creating regular, scheduled and bespoke insight reports, looking to further develop your reporting and analysis capabilities in the fast-changing world of technology, but you are equally likely to be one of the following:
* A senior data analyst with experience of using predictive analysis techniques and report writing skills to inform decisions.
* A senior reporting analyst in an operational or transformation function, experienced in using data analysis techniques to inform business decisions through the creation of bespoke management reports, scorecards, metrics and regular reporting.
* A senior reporting analyst in a technology role that understands the importance of setting key performance indicators, limits and triggers to drive decisions.
You’ll be able to build trust and relationships quickly and will maintain these relationships longer term. You’ll have the ability and expertise to understand complexity and translate it into easy understood and practical solutions.
You’ll be persistent in achieving high standards of performance and will naturally be inquisitive with a passion for looking for trends and patterns within data.
You’ll be confident presenting to any audience and eloquent in the way you explain risk, using words and terms that people understand.
You will appreciate the importance of operational risk management to any managerial or leadership position and you want to be seen as an expert.
Most importantly you’ll be enthusiastic to develop your skills, knowledge and leadership qualities in a practical way
As a minimum requirement and in addition to a Risk or IT background you’ll have/be:
* Comprehensive subject matter expertise within the specific risk category, with detailed knowledge and excellent understanding of the key control function practices and processes.
* Detailed understanding of governance, risk management principles and methodologies, coupled with practical experience of implementing risk and control management processes (for example in a role managing an operational unit).
* Experience of acting as a trusted advisor to senior management at Director level, able to constructively challenge and influence stakeholders at varying levels both individually and collectively in decision forums.
* Strong determination and self-belief to continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of risk management and control, ensuring that risk management activities and reporting add value to the business.
* Skilled in risk and trend identification and mitigation techniques. Ability to analyse risk metrics and translate into predictive data and action plans that anticipate and mitigate risk exposures.
* Analytical / creativity skills to resolve complex problems and/or establish alternatives where established procedures may not exist.
* Excellent facilitation, communication and influencing skills.
It would be nice if you also had:
* A recognised, relevant qualification in Data Analysis techniques, ITIL, ISO27001, CoBIT or from the Institute of Risk Management or ISACA
What you'll be doing
As part of the IT Governance, Risk and Control team you’ll be responsible for the quality, accuracy and timeliness of a range of risk, control and insight reports for the IT Operations and Service Delivery leadership, the IT Controls Board and to Executive-level Committees. You’ll design, implement and maintain suitable data collection and reporting processes, and use these to create scheduled, action-orientated risk and control management reports, including dashboards. You’ll monitor the performance of scorecards, appetite metrics, limits and triggers, reporting by exception. Using data analysis techniques, you’ll identify trends and report these through bespoke insight reports, across a range of different risk and control perspectives e.g. End to End processes, IT processes, IT services, suppliers etc. You’ll also use predictive analysis techniques to assess upcoming threats as a result of IT change, changing service expectations and emerging/horizon risks. The thematic and insightful views you’ll provide of future risk and the health of the control landscape, will support decisions regarding risk and control mitigation and investment choices, both essential to remaining within risk appetite.