3 months ago
About The Role
Due to our ongoing growth we’re opening a brand new store in Bracknell, and will be recruiting a new role of Supervisor for the 'New Concept' Store. Our new store will be based in The Lexicon in Bracknell. Our Stores are what we’re best known for; they’re where we deliver excellent customer service and display amazing products.
As a Retail Supervisor you’ll role model our Matalan Values and behaviours whilst optimising sales and helping to create a high performing, energetic and adaptable team. You’ll play a key role in engaging, coaching and motivating Customer Champions and be an integral part of the management team. You’ll also have responsibility for the running of the store in the absence of your manager, execute and implement operational duties and will use feedback from customers to create a great shopping experience. If you’re looking for a successful career in Retail Management, a Supervisor role at Matalan could be a great start!
* Driving and commuicating sales targets and exploring sales opportunities with the team
* Role Modelling an easy and efficent service experience for the customer
* Implementing seasonal layouts and visual guidelines throughout the store
* Supporting the store by opening and closing and ensuring people processes are followed
* Making data led decisions that have a positive impact on sales performance
* Ensuring shop floor and back of house standards are maintained
Working as a Retail Supervisor at Matalan is exciting, challenging, and fast paced! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and opportunities to develop your career.
The benefits available are...
* 20% Staff discount
* Our Family Extras Scheme - An exclusive discount website, which you as a valued member of our Matalan Family, can access and save money at hundreds of retailers across the country
* Pension Scheme
* Uniform allowance
* The opportunity to earn bonus as recognition of your contribution to the business
* Access to our ‘Your Voice’ forum allowing you to share your views and ideas
* Our commitment to creating a learning culture in all our stores, so from day one you’ll get a great induction, access to our ‘Me Learning’ online platform and ongoing support and development to help you grow within your role
To be part of our team, we’d like you to....
* Have experience in a similar role in Fashion or Homeware Retail
* Be a confident communicator who understands how to engage and motivate others
* Have a good understanding of Visual Merchandising (VM)
* Be driven and passionate in all that you do
* Have a proven ability to identify sales opportunities and drive new ideas
* Have good knowledge of operational processes and procedures within retail while remaining conscious of costs
* Be able to work under pressure and be adaptable to change
This is your opportunity to be part of something new and exciting at Matalan and to grow your career with one of the UK’s leading Retailers. This is Retail Made Real.
Your place in our world
Assistant Store Manager