9 months ago
Would you consider yourself to be a strong leader with a keen interest in retail management?
Are you a business-savvy individual looking for a company that gives you the autonomy to run your store like your own business?
Are you passionate about leading by example and know how to give customers a fantastic experience?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine are looking to recruit self-motivated, hardworking and committed Retail Store Managers for our North & East London region. We want people full of personality who know how to engage and lead a team from the front but also know how to make working fun!
Gone are the days where retail has to be boring and buying wine is a stuffy industry just for the rich and famous! Majestic Wine is all about customer experience and what better way to engage with customers than opening a bottle at our tasting counter? We need someone who is full of energy, good at building relationships and can provide our customers with a super service.
Therefore, we are looking for someone who will lead by example and motivate their team to achieve success. So if you want to always be innovating and create new ideas as to how to grow your customer base, run exciting tasting events, and really develop your team, then we want you!!
Who are Majestic?
We want Majestic Wine to be the place people think about when they want to buy wine. People aren’t interested in what you do, but why you do it…
Majestic Wine is the largest wine specialist in the UK with over 200 stores, as well as a very significant online presence and megastores in Calais, France. Following the merger between Naked Wines and Majestic, CEO Rowan Gormley has set the wheels in motion to transform the business into a new kind of retailer - a retailer that is loved by customers, loved by suppliers and loved by shareholders.
Why work for Majestic?
‘Enjoyment comes from autonomy’ - Josh Lincoln, Retail & Managing Director
At Majestic Wine, we understand how important it is that our Store Managers feel that they are:
* Listened to and know that they have been heard
* Genuinely empowered to make decisions and have the autonomy to do so
* Responsible and rewarded for the contribution to their store’s GP
* Respected and valued as part of the Majestic team, as together, we are Majestic!
We pride ourselves on facilitating a work environment where you enjoy what you do but also importantly, be able to develop and grow your career.
We have a clear career pathway for everyone in retail and with the help of our fantastic Training and Development team, we will fast-track you from being a ‘Wine Lover to a Wine Business Partner’ which enables you to really reap the financial rewards from your hard work.
The nice added extras...
* A 20% staff discount on everything in store, which you can share with two of your family or friends
* Store bonus schemes, so you can earn more on top of your salary
* The potential to become a Majestic Business Partner, earning a salary of up to Fifty Thousand Pounds OTE
* WSET Training qualification
* Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
* Free shares, so you can share in the success of the business
* A contributory Company Pension Plan
* Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary)
* 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays
* PLUS invites to wine tasting events
* PLUS free lunch Fridays (if you hit your weekly targets!)
Key responsibilities of a Retail Store Manager:
* Taking autonomy over how the store is run and how successful it is
* Staffing - hiring and utilising team members as best as possible
* Stock Control - ensuring the shelves are fully stocked with the best wine for your customers
* Visual Merchandising - keeping the store looking great and attractive to customers
* Customer Service - delivering and facilitating a 5* customer service experience
* Leading from the front - using great coaching and management skills to develop your team
* Be a Wine Specialist - help our customers discover and buy wines they’ll absolutely love
We are looking for great Retail Store Managers who:
* Have a minimum of 2 years managerial experience
* Have a great understanding of how to keep a team happy and motivated
* Have great knowledge of profit and loss statements and managing sales targets
* Have a track record of great team leadership, operational excellence, and delivering best in class customer service
* Wouldn’t ask a team member to do something that you wouldn’t do yourself
* Contract Type: Permanent
* Start Date: January / February 2019
If you are passionate about growing and developing as a Retail Store Manager in a successful business who genuinely care about their people… please do apply today!
* Majestic Wine reserves the right to shortlist and appoint suitable candidates before the advert deadline date *