5 months ago
Are you a dynamic individual with the ambition, drive and creativity to run a successful store in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Are you an engaging leader who's passionate about developing a small close-knit team?
Do you have experience working in a customer-facing role and are passionate about delivering excellent customer service?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine are looking to recruit a Retail Store Manager who loves delighting customers, is passionate about developing a small group of talented people and will strive to achieve success for our Bury St Edmunds.
Gone are the days where retail has to be boring and buying wine is a stuffy industry just for the rich and famous! Majestic Wine is all about customer experience and what better way to engage with customers than opening a bottle at our tasting counter?
Our Bury St Edmunds store is a growing with a loyal customer base in Suffolk. GP is growing year on year and the successful candidate will be able to build on the success of the previous team and embellish it by adding a focus on customer service and great leadership.
The chance to recruit your own team from the start will offer a challenge and an opportunity to make a mark in Bury.
We need a go-getter who will lead by example and motivate their team to achieve success. So if you want to always be innovating and create new ideas as to how to grow your customer base, run exciting tasting events, and really develop your team, then this is the role for you…..
Who are Majestic?
Retail is in a period of change and you’re joining a company which has set out a long term vision to be at the forefront of those changes! Majestic is a forward-thinking business, one in which we are revolutionising the way people experience and buy wine and it is an incredibly exciting time for the business and for real go-getters to be part of an amazing opportunity to be a part of something truly unique.
Majestic Wine are the largest wine specialist in the UK with over 200 stores, as well as a very significant online presence and megastores in Calais, France. Following the merger between Naked Wines and Majestic, CEO Rowan Gormley has set the wheels in motion to transform the business into a new kind of retailer - we want to be the definition of experiential retail, a retailer that is truly loved by it's customers. Our vision is to prove the value of face to face wine retail because, as far as we’re aware, you cannot taste wine online.
Why work for Majestic?
‘Enjoyment comes from autonomy’ - Josh Lincoln, Retail & Managing Director
At Majestic Wine, we understand how important it is that our Store Managers feel that they are:
* Listened to and know that they have been heard
* Genuinely empowered to make decisions and have the autonomy to do so
* Responsible and rewarded for the contribution to their store’s GP
* Respected and valued as part of the Majestic team, as together, we are Majestic!
We pride ourselves on facilitating a work environment where you enjoy what you do but also importantly, be able to develop and grow your career.
We have a clear career pathway for everyone in retail and with the help of our fantastic Training and Development team, we will fast-track you from being a ‘Wine Lover to a Wine Business Partner’ which enables you to really reap the financial rewards from your hard work.
The nice added extras...
* A 20% staff discount on everything in store, which you can share with two of your family or friends
* Store bonus schemes, so you can earn more on top of your salary
* The potential to become a Majestic Business Partner, earning a salary of up to Fifty Thousand Pounds OTE
* WSET Training qualification
* Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
* Free shares, so you can share in the success of the business
* A contributory Company Pension Plan
* Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary)
* 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays
* PLUS invites to wine tasting events
* PLUS free lunch Fridays (if you hit your weekly targets!)
We are looking for great Retail Store Managers who:
* Have a minimum of 2 years managerial experience in the retail or hospitality industry
* Have a great understanding of how to keep a team happy and motivated
* Have great knowledge of profit and loss statements and managing sales targets
* Have a track record of great team leadership, operational excellence, and delivering best in class customer service
* Wouldn’t ask a team member to do something that you wouldn’t do yourself
If you are passionate about growing and developing as a Retail Store Manager in a successful business who genuinely care about their people… please do apply for Bury St Edmunds today!
* Majestic Wine reserves the right to shortlist and appoint suitable candidates before the advert deadline date *