7 months ago
Retail Design Industrial Placement
Based: Hammersmith, London
Duration: 54 Weeks
Start Dates: Monday 1st July 2019
Application Deadline: 31st October 2018
Annual Salary: £20,000 per annum
IMPORTANT - Eligibility Criteria - You must be an undergraduate in your second year of study to apply to this role. If you will be graduated either before this Industrial Placement starts or graduate during your time on the placement then unfortunately you are not eligible.
When you walk into a department store and are greeted by the very beautiful and inviting beauty counters you’re seeing the work of the Retail Design teams. The L'Oréal intern in this department has a ‘roll up your selves’ attitude and is ready to get stuck in!
When we have a brand new store opening or a retailer is having a beauty hall re-fit it’ll be your job to assist the Retail Design Managers in delivering a counter that is making the best use of the space, conveying an exciting and interactive customer journey whilst being in line with the International Brand Guidelines.
You will assess the varying customer journey across our brands as well as our competitors and up the game. It’s a busy and fast-paced role, but seeing your designs, planning and organisation come to life is super rewarding.
Day-to-day you may be...
· Supporting the Retail Design team with preparing and planning for new counter installations
· Partnering with different business functions to organise a successful counter launch
· Taking on your own projects and building up an in-depth expertise of Retail Design
· Launch brand installation guidelines whilst further coordinating printing and distribution to stores
· Work closely with the visual merchandising team to ensure a 360 approach
· Liaising with marketing and sales to develop and adapt planograms to guide stores on how to present their product
· Liaising with logistics on tester orders for new counter installations
· Attend installations out of hours to support on snagging and merchandising the new counters.
· Regular in-store visits to track competitor activity and launches across retailers, gathering photos, details on materials and structures to create a monthly report for presentation to the Marketing Team and General Manager
· Attending trade shows and supplier fairs on behalf of the team
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have:
· Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Have a good eye for detail and an awareness of current Retail Design trends
· Able to work autonomously with great organisational and time-management skills
· Experience in PowerPoint/ InDesign and Excel would be an advantage.
· Eligible to work in the UK
· In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to an online assessment. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process!
After this, if you are successful you will be put in a waiting list to attend one of our Assessment Centres. Please note that we get hundreds of applications and we work on a first come, first serve basis so please be patient and we will contact you if you have been given a place in an Assessment Centre (but this may take a few weeks!).