15 days ago
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow and develop in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Do you want to play a key part in motivating and developing a high performing team?
Do you have experience working in customer-facing roles and are passionate about putting customers first?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine are seeking to recruit a vibrant, people focused Retail Assistant Manager for our thriving Bicester store. Gone are the days where retail has to be boring and buying wine is a stuffy industry just for the rich and famous! Majestic Wine is all about customer experience and what better way to engage with customers than opening a bottle at our tasting counter?
Bicester is located on the edge of Oxford in one of the fastest growing towns in the UK. It caters for a diverse & loyal customer base in a very affluent area of the country, alongside a number of commercial accounts.
This is a great opportunity if you are looking to take the next step in your career. You should have the proven ability to generate fantastic customer relationships, deliver a 5* experience to anyone who walks through the door whilst juggling the operations of the store.
I am looking for someone who is fantastically organised, enjoys running tasting events and is on point with their social media skills. The new Assistant will be a champion of new accounts and local partnerships.
You should have a keen interest when it comes to developing and inspiring the four strong store team, so good communication skills are a must. This store is suited to someone who wants to take on a challenge.
We need someone who is full of energy, great at building long-lasting customer relationships and would enjoy running exciting and fun tasting events!
We are looking for a real team player who isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up and lead by example. We want someone who takes pride in engaging, motivating and developing a high performing team and can see the value in doing their best, so together, the whole team succeeds.
If you are a go-getter who will champion our customer relationships, inspire the store team and create innovative ideas to grow the success of the store we would love to hear from you!
Who are Majestic?
Majestic Wine are the largest wine specialist in the UK with over 200 stores, as well as a very significant online presence and megastores in Calais, France. We want to be the definition of experiential retail, a retailer that is truly loved by its customers. Our vision is to prove the value of face to face wine retail because, as far as we’re aware, you cannot taste wine online. It is an incredibly exciting time for the business and for real go-getters to be part of an amazing opportunity.
Why work for Majestic?
* Free WSET Qualifications - All our staff receive free product training. So you don't have to have product knowledge, but definitely a hunger to learn all about wine!
* A Dynamic Culture - You’ll have the chance to work in an exciting, busy environment with a culture that genuinely rewards hard work
* Corking Colleagues - Work within a team who are passionate about wine, providing excellent customer service and most importantly fun to be around!
With the help of our fantastic Training and Development team, we have a clear career pathway for everyone in Retail. You bring the dedication and commitment to succeed, we’ll fill in the blanks in your wine knowledge, and with the right training and development, within 12 months (or sooner) you could be running your very own Majestic Wine business as a Store Manager.
The nice added extras...
* A 20% staff discount on everything in store, which you can share with two of your family or friends
* Store bonus schemes, so you can earn more on top of your salary
* The potential to become a Majestic Business Partner, earning a salary of up to fifty thousand pounds OTE
* Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
* Free shares, so you can share in the success of the business
* A contributory Company Pension Plan
* Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary).
* 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays.
* PLUS invites to wine tasting events
* PLUS free lunch Fridays (if you hit your weekly targets!)
The Retail Assistant Manager Role:
* Enjoy drinking wine and have a desire to increase your wine knowledge
* Have some experience in a team leader/supervisor position within retail, hospitality or a similar customer-focused industry
* Be over 20 years old and hold a valid manual driving license for at least 12 months
If you are passionate about growing and developing as a Retail Assistant Manager in a successful business who genuinely care about their people… please do apply for Bicester today!
* Majestic Wine reserves the right to shortlist and appoint suitable candidates before the advert deadline date *