6 months ago
Retail Assistant – Bristol
Working Hours: 40 hours per week with no Sunday trading
We are looking for a Retail Assistant to join our established store in Bristol. Being a Store Retail Assistant at Nisbets means you will be passionate about putting your customer first after all, this will be something that comes naturally to you. But this is more than a retail advisor role it is also a sales role. As well as giving award winning customer service to our diverse range of customers you will also be advising them on our products, promotions and how best you can help them support their business. Your passion for our brand will drive your sales performance and make our customers experience in store as positive as it can possibly be. We want a trip to our store to be memorable so you will be engaging, outgoing and helpful in order to give a great impression of our business. As a brand ambassador you will also step outside of your store and use your initiative to seek out new business opportunities in your local community. There is a real family feel in our stores and everyone understands what needs to happen to make the store a success, it’s a real team effort.
As a Retail Assistant your main responsibilities will be:
* Advising customers on products and assisting with general queries
* Being a subject matter expert around our products
* Serving customers at the tills in a polite and professional manner
* Replenishing stock and ensuring the store looks clean, tidy and professional
* Handling cash/ card transactions
* Showing warmth, personality and enthusiasm for the products
* Continuing to develop on product knowledge and any promotions or offers
* Processing sales, exchanges and returns efficiently and accurately
* Actively seeking out new business opportunities
To apply for this role you will:
* Ideally have previous experience in a retail customer service environment, but this isn’t essential as our training will set you up for success
* Be commercially focussed, and motivated by hitting store targets
* Confident, genuine and always positive
* Driven to work hard and contribute to the stores success
* Have experience of using Excel, Word and Outlook
* Strong customer service and communication skills
You may have heard of us, you may not, but the chances are you will have eaten off of one of our plates or taken a drink from one of our glasses without ever realising. We provide a huge range of catering equipment to a wide variety of businesses. We probably provide the machine for your essential morning cappuccino along with the exquisite tableware at your favourite restaurant.
We are the UK’s market leading catering equipment supplier providing the best quality products at a great price with next day delivery. Established as a small family business in 1984 to the global operation of today, growth and innovation is what sets us apart and makes us unique. Nisbets has been recognised on The 2018 Sunday Times' TopTrack250 which champions Britain’s growing businesses. We've ranked 48th on the annual league table and we're just one of nine businesses recognised in the South West.
We employ a great team of more than 2,200 people around the World to help make it all possible and we believe that it is an exciting time to join Nisbets. With our values at the heart of everything that we do we are a diverse and fast – moving business with ambitious plans for growth
You will be well rewarded for your hard work, not only will you be part of a growing business but we’ll make sure you have the right training and progression opportunities that will provide you with an opportunity to develop your career.
* All of our colleagues are enrolled in to a pension scheme, you pay in and we will too
* For peace of mind we provide Life Assurance to cover three times your basic salary
* We reward our people with a bonus of up to £200 or 4 days of annual leave for their attendance
* Need a few more days leave? We have a holiday buying scheme offering you the chance to purchase up to 5 days
* With our Profit Share Scheme a proportion of the company’s profits are shared amongst our colleagues annually as recognition for all of your hard work
* We offer excellent discounts across all of our products – and there are lots to choose from!
* You’ll receive 20 days of annual leave plus bank holidays