4 months ago
Full Time Retail Assistant – Avonmouth
Location – National Catering Equipment Centre, St Brendan Road, Avonmouth
Working Hours – 40 hours per week over Monday-Saturday
Nisbets is the UK’s largest supplier of catering equipment to businesses; we have a multichannel business model and as part of that a growing number of stores, across the UK and worldwide. Our stores feature over 3000 products from chefs clothing to machines and furniture, and pride themselves on providing outstanding face to face customer service.
We are currently looking for a Retail Assistant to join our new National Catering Exhibition Centre within Avonmouth on a full time basis. As a Retail Assistant the main focus of your role will be to provide outstanding customer service selling a range of excellent catering products to meet customers’ needs. The role would suit a confident and enthusiastic individual with previous retail experience who values excellent customer service.
As a Retail Assistant your main responsibilities will be:
* Advising customers on products and assisting with general queries, acting with integrity at all times
* Serving customers at the tills in a polite and professional manner, putting the customers at the heart of everything that you do to provide an exceptional customer service.
* Handling cash/ card transactions
* Showing warmth, personality and enthusiasm for the products
* Assisting in set up and development of customer’s businesses
* Display confidence on product knowledge and on our promotions or offers
* Processing sales, exchanges and returns efficiently and accurately
* Reviewing areas for improvement- being innovative and raising your ideas through the right channels
* Responsibility for your own areas within the showroom including replenishing stock and ensuring the store looks clean, tidy and professional
* Maintain a clean and safe working environment including the self service break out area in the absence of the demonstration chef.
* Assisting customers in the brand area in absence of the brand advisor
To apply for this role your experience and skills should include:
* Previous experience in a retail or customer facing environment
* Strong customer service and communication skills
* Sales focused and driven for exceptional results
* A Catering ground or an interest in cooking would be an advantage but is not essential
* Computer literate including experience of using Excel, Word and Outlook
* Knowledge of the variety of brands that we stock
You may have heard of us, you may not, but the chances are you will have eaten off of one of our plates or taken a drink from one of our glasses without ever realising. We provide a huge range of catering equipment to a wide variety of businesses. We probably provide the machine for your essential morning cappuccino along with the exquisite tableware at your favourite restaurant.
We are the UK’s market leading catering equipment supplier providing the best quality products at a great price with next day delivery. Established as a small family business in 1984 to the global operation of today, growth and innovation is what sets us apart and makes us unique.
We employ a great team of more than 2,200 people around the World to help make it all possible and we believe that it is an exciting time to join Nisbets. With our values at the heart of everything that we do we are a diverse and fast – moving business with ambitious plans for growth
You will be well rewarded for your hard work, not only will you be part of a growing business but we’ll make sure you have the right training and progression opportunities that will provide you with an opportunity to develop your career.
* All of our colleagues are enrolled in to a pension scheme, you pay in and we will too
* For peace of mind we provide Life Assurance to cover three times your basic salary
* We reward our people with a bonus of up to £200 or 4 days of annual leave for their attendance
* Need a few more days leave? We have a holiday buying scheme offering you the chance to purchase up to 5 days
* With our Profit Share Scheme a proportion of the company’s profits are shared amongst our colleagues annually as recognition for all of your hard work
* We offer excellent discounts across all of our products – and there are lots to choose from!
* You’ll receive 20 days of annual leave plus bank holidays