Cycling and bicycles are transport for some, a hobby for many, but become a passion for a select few. If you are one of these ‘few’ and want to be part of the continued success story of our client, please read on!
For the past 40 years, they have grown a reputation with cyclists for reliable, quality maintenance and repair products across the world. They are a highly entrepreneurial, privately owned business on the banks of the River Humber, with a successful portfolio of consumer brands as well as several own label products for major retailers.
Position: Account Manager (Field Based)
Location: Barton Upon Humber, Commuting distance from N Lincolnshire & UK National travel
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000 plus car
About the role:
Due to continuing expansion, they are looking for an experienced field based Account Manager to join their team.
Ideally based within commuting distance of Barton Upon Humber, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate success in the following areas:
- Understanding, interpreting and fulfilment of major retailer expectations, developing existing relationships to their full potential. Many are cycling related, but others are general retailers.
- Researching and exploring new opportunities and act as the ‘door opener’ for new retail business, supported by the office team.
- Confidence in all stages of the sales process from identifying the opportunity to having the drive to make it happen.
- Interpreting and representing brand ethos for a portfolio of brands to significant customers and broader industry.
- Cycling related product development and applications, market conditions, competitor activities and trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, both with customers and within our client as you will be at the front end of our client as well as briefing the internal team on your customer’s specific requirements.
- Used to working as part of a team, but have the drive and autonomy to act independently when required.
- The right person will bring both energy and their own entrepreneurial input and creativity.
- Prepared to travel across the UK with frequent travel to the office in North Lincolnshire.
- Previous experience in a field based role is essential.
This is a new appointment that gives the right candidate an ideal opportunity to be a key part of the next phase of growth for this leading brand.
You may have experience of the following: Account Manager, Account Director, Sales Account Manager, Account Management, Key Account Manager, Customer Relationship Manger, Client Relationship Management, Business Development, Business Development Manager, Sales Executive, Sales Manager.