about 1 month ago
Regulatory Liaison Consultant - Permanent - London
Regulatory Liaison Consultant - Permanent - London
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We are looking for a Regulatory Liaison Consultant to join our team based in London.
As a Regulatory Liaison Consultant you will report into the Regulatory Liaison Manager. You will provide invaluable regulatory affairs support and work with colleagues from across the business to support and coordinate regulatory requests and meetings.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Regulatory Liaison Consultant your main responsibilities will be
* Contributing to an effective regulatory liaison team which is well-respected internally and externally and adds material value to San UK’s engagement with regulators.
* Ensuring effective and timely collaboration with regulators on key regulatory initiatives and identify and manage any potential detriment to regulatory relations through liaison activity. This would include pro-actively identifying and escalating any trends, issues, risks or concerns which could negatively impact the relationship with any of the regulators and maintaining an up to date knowledge of Risk Management.
* Ensuring all regulatory requests, responses and associated documentation is logged. This would include maintaining logs for regulatory communications and meetings via a tracker system and group mailbox calendar. Managing individual mailbox work allocations as directed by the line manager and log and track each item to completion.
* Arranging and managing regulatory meetings and acting as note taker where required and ensure follow up actions are completed. Demonstrate behaviours conducive to developing and maintaining an effective and motivated team – measured by examples of team working and mutual support.
* Supporting with briefings for internal stakeholders prior to key regulatory meetings as required.
* Supporting the Regulatory Liaison Manager with internal regulatory queries.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Knowledge about the regulatory environment and how this impacts on San UK
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Staying calm under pressure
* Being able to works as part of a team
* Excellent organisation skills
Salary is completive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.