about 1 month ago
Regional Sales Manager South
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Job Category: Sales/Business Development
Business Unit: UK Hire Sales - Southern
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Hours: 07:30 - 17:00
An exciting position has become available for a Sales Manager who will assume overall responsibility for delivering a high level of profitable sales growth in the South Region and developing regional sales management strategy. You will manage and report on performance against KPIs of the Account Managers, identifying best practice, ensuring sales opportunities are maximised and identifying issues and remedial action.
Key to the role will be the identifcation and generation of sales leads, assisting and monitoring the Account Managers in conducting and undertaking their own customer visits as well as developing sales and account management competencies and knowledge of products and customer sectors.
Introduction to Speedy…
We may have started small but we’ve always had big ideas. Since Speedy was established in 1977 we have grown into the UK’s leading hire business. Along the way we’ve won countless awards for innovation, safety and our commitment to training to name but a few. Our people are the heart of our business and it’s their commitment and professionalism that makes us the biggest and the best in the industry.
* Provide leadership and support to team of Tele-Marketers and Supporting Administrators
* Oversee the management of allocated accounts; Ensuring all accounts are contacted on a regular basis and all customer accounts are maintained in an accurate and efficient way
* Drive incremental growth through a range of products and services
* Develop and execute plans to ensure customer retention
* Support the external sales force with consumable sales enquiries and projects
* Motivate and support the external sales teams through effective goal setting, coaching and mentoring
* Identify sales development areas and address areas of underperformance where appropriate
* Daily/Weekly/Monthly target monitoring including the communication of performance within the external teams
* Drive continuous improvement through the adoption of identified best practice and development of standard operating procedures as appropriate
* Work in conjunction with the Sales Directors to develop sales strategies and targets to support wider Speedy sales team
* Provide weekly update and monthly report to business Director
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated
* Experienced in consumable sales or hire industry
* Ability to build strong Customer Relationships
* Financial and commercial Acumen
* Sales planning
* Experience of working to targets in a sales environment
* People management and leadership skills
* Time management
* Negotiation and closing skills
* Ability to work effectively under pressure
* Committed and target/action focussed
* Flexibility to travel as required for the role
About the Company
Speedy are the leading provider of hire products and supporting services to the construction, industrial and infrastructure sectors. We have a network of over 200 depots across the UK and Ireland, and over 3000 people who offer a nationwide service and look after the largest hire fleet in the market.
We also lead in health, safety and sustainability. We are the safest hire provider, based on accident and industry rates, and have the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. Our hire fleet also includes an increasing range of green option products, helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental impact.
Vision, mission and values:
Our vision is to become the best company in our sector to do business with and the best to work for.
Our mission is to provide safe, reliable hire equipment and services to enable successful delivery of customer projects.
* Safe – the first priority in everything we do
* As One – working together to collectively achieve our goals
* Innovative – to continuously improve
* Driven – to deliver first class customer service