4 months ago
Job title: Regional Sales Manager – South
Reporting to: Sales and Marketing Director
Direct reports: 4-6 (Sales)
Job Purpose: The day-to-day management of the regionally based end-user sales team to ensure that all revenue and margin targets are delivered and all sales and growth opportunities are maximised
Nature and scope (including impact of decision-making):
* Total responsibility and ownership of the day-to-day management of the Area Sales Executives, their performance, their development and all such related issues such as reporting and discipline.
* Minimum revenue responsibility of £4m (subject to change)
* The role may require extensive UK travel or regular nights away from home.
* Operates within agreed strategic plan and objectives with minimal day-to-day management input.
* This role will require the ability to deal across functions, from shop floor personnel through to and including, main board of directors of major customers and our own internal organisation.
* Decisions made in this role will have a direct impact, both positive and negative on the profitability of the UK organisation
* To operate at the highest professional and ethical standards at all times;
* Ensure the regional sales team are operating to the highest professional and ethical standards at all times.
* Delivery of agreed annual revenue and margin targets via team
* Delivery of agreed annual revenue and margin targets from specified dealers.
* Setting and agreeing of annual revenue targets for the Regional Sales team with the Sales and Marketing Director.
* Ensure that their team is kept up-to-date with developments both internal and external
* Development of an annual sales plan for each Area Sales Executive.
* To ensure the required level of support is being given to strategic and key accounts locally by the ASE.
* To develop and in-depth understanding of and a relationship with the major customers in specified region
* Develop a total solutions selling approach to selling Hako products and services within the regional sales team.
* Ensure that on-going development of team members through coaching, constructive feedback, and identifying ongoing development/training needs
* Full and constant use of CRM system to monitor activity, performance and forecasting – feeding back to Sales and Marketing Director
* Stay up-to-date with all market/competitor and industry developments and ensure that the senior management team are briefed on their likely impact.
* Undertake any necessary actions to facilitate the smooth day-to-day running of the sales team such as timely reporting, performance management and discipline as required.
* Undertake bi-monthly appraisals as required under any corporate scheme
* Take responsibility for understanding and agreeing action plan for own development needs.
* Maximise Hako UK’s potential revenue by ensuring all product and service options are considered by the regional team.
(minimum requirements to be able to perform the job effectively/successfully)
Education & Training
· Educated to minimum of ‘A’ Level or equivalent.
· Probably educated to degree level or equivalent.
Skills & Experience
· Will have at least 3 years experience of managing regionally based on field sales teams in a high pressure, highly accountable environment. Sector is not critical but will probably be from a major capital goods, fmcg or related industry.
· Good working knowledge of MS Office suite of programmes
· Working knowledge of a CRM System
Interpersonal & Behavioural Skills
(To include core competencies)
· Customer centricity – must have the ability to think beyond the status quo in order to ensure the organisation exceeds our customers’ expectations;
· Drive – fully focused on delivering, unwilling to accept missing “the numbers”;
· Personal impact – perceived as an energetic individual who will deliver, by both the customer and the rest of the Hako organisation;
· Tenacity – will always strive to achieve goals irrespective of the perceived size and extent of obstacles. Is willing to take risks.
* Has the potential to move a minimum of one further level in the organisation;
* Display the Company’s Core Competencies and behaviours at all times – CP 002
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties. The Company reserves the right to adapt, change and add to these duties, tasks and responsibilities in line with business needs.