7 months ago
Regional Customer Manager (78275)
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-South Glamorgan-Cardiff
Salary : Competitive
: Jan 20, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Job Title: Regional Customer Manager
Key Purpose of Job
The role holders plays a vital part in the delivery of the business objectives across SD. The role holder requires the ability to influence regional behaviours and create strategic plans to ensure we deliver our customer commitments.
Operational Management experience is key to the role. Strong leadership is demonstrated through the role modelling of BT Values and influencing colleagues by building strong relationships.
Stakeholder management is critical to success, to identify and land initiatives which will ultimately deliver customer improvements.
Creating, deploying and embedding robust capacity/operating plans is of paramount importance. Ensuring engineering skills and capacity are correctly aligned to the demands of our customers.
The role holder must understand the finance impact internal measures hold, being able to articulate this back to the operational teams in a language they understand
Key tasks / responsibilities
• To have critical input to the setting of productivity rates and capacity to ensure as a team we meet our commitments in terms of customer deliverables.
• Understand and influence regional behaviours to deliver a positive customer experience.
• Supporting production planning team, ensuring RCA of service failure is understood and corrective initiates landed within the region to ensure future success is achieved
• Work closely with Field Dynamics to take end to end ownership of business planning and monitoring within the region and take accountability for the joint ownership, development and delivery of the region.
• Understand and influence regional financial commitments.
• Creating and supporting a proactive operating model towards effective attendance management, ensuring correct knowledge and applications is embedded across the region.
• Regional lead working with resourcing and skilling units to ensure we maximise opportunity to enhance our engineering skills profile working with key stakeholders to support the introduction of additional work streams.
a) Minimum essential experience required:
• Excellent people skills and performance leadership skills
• Ability to test/challenge current thinking and design/implement a new approach
• excellent PC skills - Knowledge of spreadsheets and systems
• Proven numeracy and quantitative analysis
• Utilising root cause analysis to build effective action driven plans
• Strong organisational skills
• Good problem solver, able to improve or remove processes
• Financial acumen
• Planning and Process development, improvement skills
• Sound understanding of the business environment, through operational business experience with a detailed understanding of the complete network infrastructure, processes and practices
• Detailed knowledge of the Openreach Quality Standards
• Ability to influence decision makers and engage, motivate and manage operational people through organisational change.
• Proven track record in the execution of business improvement activity
• Fluent and persuasive communicator, able to influence senior managers
• A positive, pragmatic “can do” attitude and hunger for change and improvement
• Proactively seeks out information about technical developments and changes in engineering practice.
b) Minimum essential qualifications and experience:
• Experienced in the appropriate disciplines of Process/Performance Leadership, Quality Management, Stakeholder Management and Inspirational Leadership. Operational experience: service, quality, finance, HR/People policy and procedures, safety.
• Proven track records of delivering team based results
c) Leadership Capabilities:
• Connected to our people
• Connected to our organisation
• Connected to our customers
Five Key Skills
Strong Commercial Awareness
Strong Analytical Skills
Strong Reporting Skills including SQL, Excel, Macros etc.
Cardiff - Stadium House - Teams based there.
At BT, we’re creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re happy to consider ways of working that will mean you can perform at your best. If you want to talk about working part-time or as a job share in this role, please apply and we’ll do our best to get the balance right.