8 months ago
Regional Business Development Manager- Midlands
Type of role: full time permanent
Location: Midlands (Homeworking)
Hours: Monday-Friday 09:00-17:30
Holidays: 25 days
Overall purpose of the job:
To support and execute the new business acquisition strategy of Exponential-e ensuring achievement of all assigned margin, revenue and contract value targets by selling our Business Managed IT Services in a high pressure environment.
Deliver consistent and exceptional level of sales professionalism whilst exceeding performance against measurable key performance indicators.
Primary product focus areas:
* WAN Portfolio: VPLS, Data Connectivity and Wireless
* LAN Portfolio
* Unified Communications portfolio
* Voice portfolio: Hosted and traditional voice offerings
* Hosting & Cloud
* Managed IT Services and Equipment Sales
About the role:
* To make a significant contribution to the company’s business sales revenue
* To define, develop and own key client relationships and contact strategy.
* Develop and execute short, medium and long term business plans to exceed targets
* Achieve and exceed margin, contract value, and revenue targets
* Deliver against key performance indicators and objectives
* Prospect, qualify, negotiate and close key new business deals
* Build and maintain a solid and robustly qualified pipeline of sales opportunities within assigned industry verticals growing to a level of 3x target coverage.
* Forecast monthly and quarterly sales achievement within accuracy of +/- 10%
* Diligently maintain opportunity pipeline and deal positions on Salesforce
* Develop strategy, produce win-plans and execute on major deals
* Define target list and engage suspects based on clearly defined criteria
* Carry out and record target prospect meetings in line with agreed KPIs
* Develop an in-depth knowledge of the factors impacting the technology market, adoption and trends for assigned verticals
* Generate strong relationships with senior executives within customer and prospect base
* Develop and sustain network of contacts and key individuals within assigned verticals and target market arena
* Identify and develop opportunities for strategic step-change revenue growth
* Produce quotations and lead Exponential-e responses to tenders, RFI’s, RFPs, and other response formats
* Build and provide clear leadership to virtual teams in pursuit of major business opportunities
* Collect and understand target client requirements, building commercial propositions based on Capex , Opex and other commercial needs to gain competitive advantage
* Understand and be able to articulate deal level P&Ls
* Attend, present and host at industry events
* Build and maintain a strong technical and commercial understanding of key Exponential-e product propositions particularly: WAN (MPLS, Point to Point), Hosting and Cloud, Managed IT services; Hosted Voice and Unified Comms.
* Build and leverage an understanding of competition and their propositions to Exponential-e advantage
* Formulate and complete client presentations to an exceptional standard
* Complete monthly reports and other administrative requirements to quality standards and required timeframes.
* Other tasks as required and commensurate with role
Knowledge and experience required:
* Extensive experience within the Telecoms, Hosting, UC, and Vendor environment
* Experience in developing business in assigned industry verticals
* Experience selling managed IT services – Including Unified Communications, SAS and Cloud solutions
* Consultative sales person who can identify and sell against key business drivers
* Highly skilled and experienced negotiator who is able to quickly build relationships with senior, key influential decision makers
* An innovative approach and an expert grasp of technology and technical solution which will drive business value.
* Strong understanding of technology application in the Hosting, WAN, Cloud, UC and Voice arenas
* Able to demonstrate strong commercial understanding and business acumen
* Strong sales skills (prospecting, qualifying, campaign management)
* Detailed understanding of sales process and demonstration of world class sales rigor
* Proven track record of identifying, developing and closing major opportunities
* Proven and consistent track record of target over-achievement
* Excellent networking ability and natural communication style
* Excellent communicator with strong presentation, numeracy and written skills
* Strong problem solving abilities; able to facilitate discussions and outcomes
* Able to travel within designated territory and able to work with the minimum of supervision
* Microsoft XP (Excel, Word, Email, Access, Power Point)
* Microsoft Dynamics CRM experience advantageous but not essential
* Degree level education advantageous, but track record of success in aligned career of higher importance.
"Achieve the status whereby Exponential-e 3.0 is formally acknowledged among our peers, competitors and clients as the most advanced and innovative business technology enabler in The World. A World-class company..."
Apply Now |