6 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefónica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefónica S.A.
With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are much more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent.
Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
Location: Slough or Leeds
What do the team do?
The Telefonica IT Infrastructure environment is a dynamic team environment responsible for the Architecture, Design and Operations (alongside 3rd Party suppliers) of Telefonica’s high availability mission critical IT Infrastructure. The Infrastructure team:
* Architects, Designs and Builds all IT Infrastructure in line with best practices on Telefonica’s Cloud platform.
* Proactively performs scheduled changes within specified Maintenance Windows ensuring the Infrastructure is always up to date and running at optimum efficiency.
* Reactively resolves any incidents which occur and ensures these are responded to promptly, professionally and within agreed Service Level Agreements.
The Telefonica IT Infrastructure Team consists of Service Cloud Platform Managers, Delivery Managers, Design Managers, Solution Architects, Design Leads, Design Engineers, Engagement Analysts, Service Leads and Cloud Platform Engineers.
How will you fit in to this?
This role will be responsible for Telefonica’s on premise Private Cloud Infrastructure with responsibility for Building, Configuration, Automation, Operations, Maintenance and Continuous Improvement.
Telefonica’s IT Private Cloud is the platform upon which Telefonica’s most critical business applications reside and must deliver 99.999% availability. This role is accountable for ensuring that the platform meets the availability and performance target set out to deliver business critical services.
This role is accountable for putting the customer at the forefront of everything that they do, ensuring that any decision made is in the best interest of the customer experience.
This role works alongside the 3rd line Application, Network and Security functions and as a result the role holder will need to have deep and extensive understanding, knowledge and experience managing cloud environments across the core technologies.
This role requires a candidate who is focused with a structured and disciplined approach with confidence to deal with challenging situations including effective internal and external communications.
Some of the more specific responsiblities:
* Build, Configure, Run and Operation of Telefonica’s business critical Redhat Openstack Cloud platform upon which Telefonica business critical applications reside, accountable for achieving 99.999% availability.
* As the leading technical resource for the Cloud Platform, make technical decisions that define the parameters for delivering the optimum performance and customer experience.
* Accountable for the performance of the cloud environment throughout its lifecycle, ensuring any the latest software, security patches and system upgrades are applied within defined SLA’s.
* Constantly improve speed to market by ensuring continuous deployment through automation targeting 100% of day to day tasks being automated.
* Supporting the operation of Cloud platform components in test and production environments, working with 3rd parties as necessary to resolve problems.
What we need from you
• 5-10 years Linux administration experience, particularly in RedHat.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with high availability applications, monitoring, and logging tools
• Expert knowledge with virtualization technologies
• Experience in developing Orchestration tools, automation tools using Ansible.
• Experience of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment using Agile methodologies
• Previous experience in a DevOps environment
• RedHat certification, RHCSA/RHCE/RHCVA
• Experience building, configuring and operating a Redhat OpenStack cloud.
• Experience with container-based technologies such as Openshift, Docker and Kubernetes
Recruiter: Mollie Johnson
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica`s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you`ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There`s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.