about 1 year ago
Information on the company
This exciting Harrow based recruitment company prides itself on providing a bespoke service to all of its candidates and clients alike. In light of this, their service was formed in 2010 creating a much needed niche in the education recruitment market.
Key responsibilities of the role;
The Recruitment consultants provide a vital link between clients and candidates. The role is demanding and diverse and involves a mixture of Business Development, Marketing techniques and networking to attract business from client companies.
Day-to-day activities will include;
* Visiting clients to build and develop relationships.
* Developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do, plus their work culture and environment.
* Advertising vacancies by drafting and placing adverts in a range of media, for example newspapers, websites, magazines.
* Using social media to advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships with candidates and employers.
* Headhunting - identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work;
* Using candidate databases to match the right person to the client's vacancy;
* Receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and tests and creating a shortlist of candidates for the client;
* Requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the client;
* Briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job in question;
* Preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients regarding of suitable applicants;
* Organising interviews for candidates as requested by the client;
* Informing candidates about the results of their interviews;
* Negotiating pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates;
* Offering advice to both clients and candidates on pay rates, training and career progression;
* Working towards and exceeding targets that may relate to the number of candidates placed, a value to be billed to clients or business leads generated
* Reviewing recruitment policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programmes.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications;
* Someone educated to degree level is preferred but by no means a pre-requisite.
* A people person, who likes talking to people.
* Someone starting out their career, potentially unsure what career path to take, but wants to earn good money, work from lovely offices, speak to and meet people regularly and have a load of fun at the same time.
* Someone who likes to set goals for themselves and takes pleasure in achieving them.
* You should be highly organised and able to prioritise your work load efficiently.
* The type of person who likes a challenge and will roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
* Someone with interests outside work and education, likes to better themselves through sports, learning new skills, exploring and with an inquisitive minds.
* Degrees, work experience or knowledge of the education industries is a bonus in terms of understanding the types of vacancies this company are looking to fill.
* Work experience in teaching would also be relevant but not required.
* Happy to work in a small team, but very busy and lively shared office.
* You will need to be confident, proactive and have good administrative skills, above all a team player.
What are the perks of working at this company?
* Great earning potential from day one and joining an agency with brilliant industry contacts makes this job one where you can hit the ground running and be encouraged to push yourself as much as possible, without a ceiling over your development.
Apply for this role