6 months ago
* BA/BS degree in Architecture, Construction, Business, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience within the EMEA construction industry, including conceptualizing, project planning, design development, and project management of corporate design/construction.
* Experience in creating milestones, checks and balances, and risk administration as they relate to large construction processes.
* Experience in people management and leading teams.
* LEED qualification.
* Professional experience following achievement of professional qualifications (e.g. RICS, RIBA, or appropriate equivalent).
* Relevant work experience in a fast paced technology environment, along with the ability to work in an ambiguous space. Proven experience in leading diverse and large multi-cultural teams.
* Ability to think "out of the box" and to bring creative, non-standard, and innovative solutions to the table. Demonstrated record of influencing strategic change and initiatives where prudent.
* Demonstrated vision, leadership, and strategic skills in prioritizing evolving initiatives in a fast-paced environment. Ability to translate ideas and capabilities into effective initiatives.
* Detail oriented, with the ability to produce and deliver executive presentations and project status reports. Ability to communicate deliverables to all stakeholders and senior management.
About the job
As a member of the Real Estate team, you are a critical thinker with versatile knowledge on the front lines of Google's physical expansion. Google cannot grow without you. You are part of a team with a wide range of responsibilities including lease administration, real estate transaction management, and the design and construction supervision of our next and ever expanding offices. You help manage the spatial requirements for a workforce that is growing at lightning speed to ensure that the job is not only done to Google's high and industry-setting standards, but also in a way that promises long-term sustainability and care for our world's resources.
As a Project Executive, you will manage the full scope of services involved in the planning and management of real estate projects in EMEA. You will be directly responsible for financial analysis/administration and design/construction supervision of our new and/or expanding campuses and other offices across EMEA. You will demonstrate a proven ability to deliver best-in-class, value driven workplace solutions which can support Google's unique culture.
The Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) team creates inspiring spaces and innovative services that bring Google’s culture and values to life. We build and maintain all aspects of what keeps our Googley workspaces operating seamlessly across multiple cities and regions globally. We also manage the industry-leading services that help make Google a great place to work -- from how we design healthy and collaborative workspaces, create energizing food experiences, provide convenient transportation and fitness options, to delivering inclusive environments where Google and our employees can thrive.
* Manage and track all aspects/details of the lease, develop project schedule and budget, oversee design and construction of Google real estate assets, and fit projects within overall regional portfolio.
* Advocate for design excellence in delivering ground up and mixed use projects, from Technical Due Diligence through to handover, as you lead a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders towards project goals.
* Contribute to and analyze construction contracts, design/consulting engineer appointments and procurement methodologies on all projects.
* Show a deep understanding of construction procurement knowledge, including local/EMEA statutory requirements. Develop optimal relationships with external consultants and vendors through rigorous RFP processes, showing excellent commercial focus and knowledge of challenges in the local supply chains.
* Perform build versus lease and retrofit versus new construction analysis, financial analysis, budgeting, tracking and schedule management for all aspects of a project.