3 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefónica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefónica S.A.
With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are much more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent.
Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the team
Access Delivery is part of Networks. We are responsible for the planning, rollout and performance optimisation of the 2G/3G/4G/5G radio network.
About the role
The Regional Manager will be accountable for radio network planning, rollout and performance across a defined geographic area (2G/3G/4G/5G).
This role will be responsible for the London region
Job location: London/Slough
• Lead a multidiscipline regional team made up of 4-5 Radio Planners, Delivery Managers & Optimisation engineers
• Own the operational relationship with key rollout suppliers
• Plan & execute radio network rollout and performance optimisation activities for 2G/3G/4G/5G technologies, across a defined geographic area within a shared network contract framework
• Ensure the activities undertaken are planned to minimise network disruption and enhance network experience for customers
• Build & control capital budgets including monthly phasing and spend forecasting
• Develop and implement plans to meet future network coverage and capacity requirements, ensuring the team and supplier base is dimensioned and skilled appropriately, that new technology capabilities are industrialised for volume rollout, and procurement of services and equipment is timely, efficient and follows company policy
• Drive innovation to develop solutions for future radio network needs
• Deliverables will be measured using radio network performance, rollout, and budget KPI’s
• Budget responsibility
* A proven track record managing large and complex radio rollout and performance optimisation programmes within the telecommunications sector
* Understanding of and experience with CDM (Construction Design Management) Regulations 2015 in a client capacity
* Experience of leading and motivating large multi discipline teams
* Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills across a range of levels
* Effective working with different corporate cultures and can modify approach/style to gain cooperation
* Background in Radio planning, delivery and optimisation
Resourcing Business Partner: Ellen Stone
Salary and benefits
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica`s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you`ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There`s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.