6 months ago
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a QA Analyst/User Acceptance Tester to join Saga Group.
You will be responsible for designing, planning, scripting and executing the manual regression/sanity test scripts and automated test scripts for a variety of key customer facing and internal applications using the chosen test process. Testing will include a range of document and user systems, including web and content management systems.
You will bring excellent product and user system knowledge, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street & online discounts, and concession for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
Support the Group UAT Manager to undertake manual and automated testing for a wide range of projects by:
* To interact and communicate with project management, test and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the changes and testing objectives.
* To conduct user acceptance testing on behalf of Saga Group on all current and prospective Saga Group user systems to the required standard.
* To design and create test plans, scripts and datasets to meet business requirements.
* To complete documentation that can be easily followed.
* To report and track defects in development packages.
* To use test tools as part of test processes and to be proactive in investigating ways to improve efficiency.
* To conduct sanity checks on live releases including customer documentation.
* To investigate users queries regarding potential system faults or changes.
* To report faults and change requests on behalf of the system users.
* Maintain and review test scripts.
* Provide a full auditable overview of testing processes.
* To make recommendations for improved usability during testing of development software.
* To document and report faults found during testing.
* To complete test items within the timeframes provided.
* To sign off tests when testing is complete.
* To liaise with all interested parties on a change to assess and agree specific testing requirements.
* To communicate changes and development to the business so that written briefs and or training sessions can take place.
* To ensure knowledge of business processes is kept current.
* To be prepared to take on additional tasks as and when requested.
* To be prepared to complete additional hours to maintain target release dates.
* To be responsible for actively developing skills and knowledge.
* To demonstrate behaviours that encourage open mindedness.
The Ideal Candidate
Competences Required (Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours):
* Excellent product and user system knowledge (PC/Internet).
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Work well in a team and with a wide range of people.
* Carry out other duties in a professional manner as required that fall within the skills and experience of the role holder.
* To take a proactive approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the ‘big picture’ view.
* Foster an open and energetic approach within the team.
* Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
* Dedicated to ensuring knowledge is kept current for business and UAT processes.
* Conscientious and reliable with the highest quality and integrity standards.
* Develop and maintain good professional working relationships with the Group IT development team and departments across the business.
* Testing qualifications (desirable).
* Willingness to obtain qualifications (relevance and timescale to be agreed by Manager).
* Good standard of Education.
Technical Qualifications Required:
* Experience with test tools such as Selenium/Quality Centre/JIRA.
* All Office Tools and other collaborative tools such as Teamwork, Clarizon, Jira and Confluence.
* Basic understanding of Agile methodology.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
* 28 days holiday
* Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
* Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
* AXA Be Supported
* Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
* Free fruit
* Give as you earn
* Free eye tests
* Honeymoon benefit
* Salary finance
* Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
* A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
* Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.