3 months ago
Protection Consultant - Permanent - Glasgow
Protection Consultant - Permanent - Glasgow
Grow with a company that puts customers first
There's never been a better time to join Santander as a Protection Consultant within our contact centre based in Glasgow. Our goal is to become one of the best banks in the world to work for, you'll be joining a company that's focused on making things simple, personal and fair for both our customers, and our colleagues.
Our telephone team is driven by service excellence, your job is to have a great conversation during every customer interaction. We are looking for positive individuals and excellent communicators to work with our range of financial products, which includes general insurance as well as life insurance. Your day will involve a mix of inbound calls and follow-up appointments. You will manage your own diary, delivery of customer expectations is essential. The ability to build rapport and identify opportunities is vital.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Protection Consultant your main responsibilities will be
* Discussing insurance to deliver products and services that are right for our customers
* Demonstrating a real flair for customer service during a mix of inbound calls and follow-up appointments
* Saving our customers money, and protecting what’s important to them
* Managing your own diary, and taking responsibility for your personal and professional development
* Identifying and driving new ways to make banking more simple, personal and fair for our customers
Minimum skills and experience required:
* A customer focused approach to work
* Excellent communication skills and a determined team spirit
* An understanding of a range of financial products and services
* Knowledge of mortgage and insurance is advantageous.
* Great listening skills
Salary is £18,881 (plus annual performance-related bonus opportunity)
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover.
* Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be working in the bustling centre of Glasgow city centre within walking distance from Central station or Charing Cross with a wide variety of shops and amenities on our doorstep, there’s something for everyone.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply:
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.