5 months ago
We have an exceptional opportunity for a proactive Project Manager to join an established team where you will help drive key commercial decisions and deliver strategies which will contribute to the success of a growing business.
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Based at our Head Office, South Manchester, M22 4SY
Salary: Between £25,000-£30,000 dependent upon experience
Benefits: Exceptional benefits package (See below)
We are a leading, next generation services company for the small business market. We see our role in the market place as a dynamic challenger – one that is set to achieve market leading growth and ROI, by reinventing how essential services are delivered to businesses now and in the future. With a diverse workforce of over 900 people we pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality of customer care to over 130,000 customers. Our unique business model has evolved to ensure that we offer a range of products and retain our position in the market place. With nine acquisitions in two years and significant growth planned, we are looking to further expand our team and provide talented individuals with the opportunity to thrive in their career.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To work closely with the Project teams, IT and operations teams across the business to deliver a variety of different projects with challenging deadlines.
RESPONSIBILITIES will include but not be limited to the following:
* Direct and manage small scale projects from beginning to end.
* Support more senior members of the Project Management Office with management of larger scale projects.
* Define project scope, goals and deliverables and proactively manage changes in scope, identify potential risks and issues and devise contingency plans.
* Set and continually manage project expectations with all stakeholders including delegations of tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
* Develop project plans and maintain associated project management documentation.
* Identify and resolves issues and conflicts within the project team, manage dependencies and critical path.
* Create and deliver feasibility studies.
* Manage business approval and sign off process for project deliverables.
* Work with business analysts to re-engineer business processes and design process solutions.
* Conduct project reviews and utilise feedback to re-engineer processes to make improvements.
* Assist with developing suitable testing and implementation strategies for each project in conjunction with the business.
* Working closely with senior stakeholders and providing project updates to senior management.
* Manage project budget, costs incurred and appropriate project reporting
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* To be successful in this role you will need to show ambition and a willingness to learn whilst demonstrating commercial awareness. We’re looking for someone who is able to jump in, roll their sleeves up and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
* Experience of project management or business analysis is desirable, although the successful candidate will be trained and supported within the existing team.
* Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
* Experience in people management including the ability to influence and negotiate.
* Impeccable attention to detail.
* Proven ability to problem solve with an analytical mind set.
* A desire to challenge the norm.
* Drive to succeed and take on new challenges
* Experience of Prince2, Agile PM, PMP (project management professional) desirable, although not essential
* CAPM (certified associate in PM) desirable, although not essential
* The ideal candidate will be personable, persuasive, innovative with a strong character and be comfortable dealing with people at all levels. They must have a “can do” attitude and be able to think logically to overcome challenges and see projects through from start to completion.
* STAR Bonus Scheme (Up to 10% salary bonus per year)
* Up to 33 days holiday per year
* Annual pay review
* Excellent career development opportunities
* Regular subsidised social events
* Company pension Scheme
* Buy and Sell Holiday Scheme
* Work for an Investors in People accredited company
* Last Friday of each month – Pizza for Lunch
* Funding for external training courses through the training support scheme
* Verastar Rewards Scheme
* Gym Discounts
* Holiday Discounts