6 months ago
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in a programming role for a mobile or online digital music business.
* Ability to speak and write in English and German fluently and idiomatically.
* Knowledge of the music industry and relate products.
* Ability to maintain several different projects simultaneously, while creating precise and effective customer-facing communications.
* Ability to analyze research or performance data and apply that analysis to optimize programming strategy.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As a YouTube Music Programming Manager for Germany, Austria and Switzerland, you will take initiate and help us build and maintain YouTube's Music Programming on handsets, web, and tablets. Based on your digital content experience, you will coordinate and launch effective online features and promotions. You will possess a high degree of comfort when working cross-functionally with Product, Design, Marketing, Engineering, and other teams to develop an innovative user experience. You will also work both independently and collaboratively to develop new content features and scalable programming processes. Additionally, you will be able to prioritize, meet critical deadlines, and take on challenging tasks with enthusiasm and a problem-solving mindset.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
* Plan and execute an annual programming calendar.
* Identify and drive co-promotion or cross-promotion opportunities with internal and external partners.
* Work cross-functionally to define and implement programming tools and processes and site-wide improvements.
* Conduct metrics-based analyses of programming campaigns and provide recommendations for enhancing their effectiveness.
* Contribute to Google’s global programming team and its efforts to drive improvements and innovative features on behalf of users worldwide.