3 months ago
Vertical Analyst (AAP)
Amazon Media Group
The Amazon Marketing Services team is investing in its Worldwide Online Display Advertising business to achieve the goal of becoming the leading solution for advertisers. To reach this goal, the team are looking for Vertical Analysts who will be responsible for driving adoption of Amazon advertising products across Amazon’s Managed and Self Service businesses for particular advertiser verticals e.g. Financial Services. Vertical Analysts do this in a number of ways; (1) oversight of campaign performance and identifying new or improved campaign best practice (2) being an expert in their particular vertical including digital best practice and industry knowledge, Amazon’s market positioning, optimal application of Amazon products for the vertical and (3) support demand enablement by creating actionable vertical level insights for customers.
In this role you will have the responsibility of driving YoY improvements across your specific vertical, measured by gains in campaign performance and revenue growth. Overall, the role has two core responsibilities; firstly, ensuring that sales people are as well-equipped as possible to drive new and grow existing business in a particular vertical and secondly, monitoring overall performance of campaigns once they are live and continuously learning from them to develop vertical best practice.
Specific Responsibilities include:
· Vertical Performance Oversight
o Proactively monitor advertising campaigns are consistently meeting or exceeding advertiser goals or platform benchmarks.
o Identify improvements to campaigns that are not meeting expectations and provide recommendations to teams who have hands-on ownership for campaign execution.
o Identify opportunities for driving incremental performance for advertisers and drive experimentation of solutions to maximise those opportunities and secure revenue growth.
· Vertical Best Practice
o Create “Go To Market” blueprints for assigned vertical.
o Execute analysis of historic campaign performance. Identify best practice for how to use Amazon media products to drive successful campaigns that can be scaled to Managed and Self-Service customers.
o Execute analysis of overall vertical performance and trends to create actionable insight for advertisers i.e. using the Amazon data asset to uncover new insight for existing and potential advertising customers.
o Curate and consolidate product enhancements or new products based on vertical expertise and feed this back to Amazon Product Management teams
· Campaign Deep Dive Analysis and Support
o Work closely with customer facing teams to influence outreach strategies and behaviour.
o Support customer facing teams with specific briefs or deals they are working on. Influence the allocation of advertising budgets to Amazon via face to face engagement with internal, and if required external, stakeholders.
o Support internal teams who have hands-on responsibility for campaign performance by providing deeper data analysis and recommendations.
· Not in scope
o Day to day campaign optimization and reporting
· Being regarded as a vertical specialist and valued resource for stakeholders.
· Driving adoption of Amazon media products.
· Driving campaign revenue growth and success metrics.
· Creation of actionable insights into assigned vertical using internal and external data sources.
· Experience working with digital advertising platforms, campaign execution and optimization strategies.
· Strong analytical skills, including basic SQL skills.
· Advanced Excel Skills.
· Strong project management and organizational skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication abilities: must effectively communicate with technical and non-technical people.
· Bachelor's Degree in a numerate discipline.
· Advanced SQL skills
· Master’s degree in a numerate discipline.
· Experience in online advertising and ad technologies with hands-on experience in executing programmatic digital media campaigns
· A passionate advocate for customers and their needs.
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary.