2 months ago
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
* Software development experience.
* Experience in product management, with a focus on online advertising.
* Experience in end-to-end product management in software/web technologies.
* Knowledge of the Internet, search engines and online advertising spaces.
* Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, User Interface (UI), sales, customer support, finance or marketing.
* Entrepreneurial drive with appreciation of user experience (UX) and business/commercial issues.
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. From innovative software products like Gmail, YouTube, Chrome, Street View to pioneering mobile devices like the Android, we build products that organize the world's information and make it universally accessible to our users. The Product Management team works closely with our engineers to guide products from conception to launch. As part of the Product Management team, you bridge the technical and business worlds as you design services that our customers love. You'll work with Googlers from Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Finance, to name just a few. You have a bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Google speed. As a Product Manager, you will be part of shaping Google's next moonshot.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. With eyes focused squarely on the future, our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting and tailoring our solutions to all the markets where Google does business.
* Launch products with the help of other teams.
* Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy.
* Understand customer needs and gather product requirements in order to develop new products and enhance existing products.
* Engage and work closely with the Engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods and a reasonable execution schedule.