3 months ago
This UK based B2C and B2B multi-channel e-commerce company is owned by an international trade and investment group. This company was established in 2010 to build on the group expansion into the online consumer market.
The group has extensive experience within product development and on the strength of this has opened branches and developed brands in America, Canada, France, Germany and Italy. They have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and passionate customer services advisor to join an e-commerce company working with many own brands in their UK head office.
MAIN SUMMARY OF ROLE
They have an exciting opportunity for a talented and highly driven product executive with a great interest to join a fast-growing E-commerce company, working with many of their own home brands in their UK head office alongside their Product Manager. You will join the multichannel online retail team which runs all aspects of product development processes from sourcing to developing the final product.
You will be encouraged to grow your existing knowledge and combine your fantastic creativity to support the critical path in bringing new products to the online marketplace! You will be a specialist in their office, keeping ahead of the game when it comes to new trends and products. New product development plays an essential part in maintaining and growing their strong position within the online retail industry.
- To gain a deep understanding of their current product lines and categories and keep up to date with current category and market trends.
- To research, identify and fill product gaps with new innovative ideas and reflecting market trends across a variety of online sales platforms and to draft proposals.
- To be aware of their current and potential competitors.
- Scope and prioritise activities based on business and customer impact.
- To research patents, legislation, compliance regulations and safety standards prior to new product proposals.
- To have an understanding of commodity codes and trade tariffs.
- To have an understanding of AQL (acceptance quality limits).
- To have an analytical flair and interest to learn in relation to product checking, defect reporting, packaging recommendations, inventory turnover speed and improvements to the quality of the product.
- To attend exhibitions and trade shows, when needed.
- Evaluate whether promotional plans are working to ensure they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed.
- You will be liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth transition of workflow and possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You will have an influence on the final purchasing of the products then you will liaise with the sales team to give the customer the best propositions.
BENEFITS OF THE ROLE
- 20 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Staff discounts
4 months ago
only 1 day until close
28 days ago
only 6 hours until close
27 days ago
only 1 day until close
26 days ago
only 2 days until close