6 months ago
Tesco Mobile is an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) and joint venture between O2 and Tesco. We launched Tesco Mobile in 2003 and we've grown rapidly to become the UK's largest MVNO with 99% network coverage in the UK. Better still, we're award winning. Recent wins include "Best Value Pay Monthly", "Best PAYG Network" and "High Street Retailer of the year" at the uSwitch Awards. We're all about the customer and their experience with our brand. So, if you are passionate about the customer, we could have some exciting opportunities for you.
Location: This vacancy will require you to be based out of Slough with the occasional day in our Welwyn Garden City office.
About the role
Working for Tesco Mobile which is a joint venture owned by two shareholders Tesco Stores and Telefonica, your role will be to deliver a ‘Buy for Less’ strategy across a breadth of ‘not for retail products and services’. This role offers stretch, with a fast moving and continuously changing portfolio, from simple low ticket products through to multi £million complex IT and managed services.
You will be accountable for leading negotiations to support new business initiatives as well as business as usual activities. You will also be responsible for regularly reviewing the incumbent supplier base, benchmarking TM suppliers across wider shareholders portfolio, liaising with stakeholders and ensuring our suppliers are the most appropriate long term partners for our business.
Key role accountabilities
Reporting to the Buying Manager Tesco Mobile your role and responsibilities will include spending:
* 50% of time reviewing and tendering products and services.
* 30% of time negotiating improved B.A.U. agreements/addendums improving service whilst reducing costs
* 10% of time consulting with colleagues and the wider market gaining market knowledge and gaining clarity of business requirements
* 10% of my time attending supplier governance reviews
You will be accountable for:
* Delivering ‘buy for less targets’
* For identifying the procurement of products and services capable of delivering industry leading service and value, in the process to give Tesco Mobile a competitive advantage over less efficient/nimble competitors.
* Accountable for delivering supplier strategies to ensure ongoing governance.
* Acting as an ambassador for Tesco Mobile with external partners, delivering to both Shareholders published ways of working.
Key Skills / Experience
* This role will best suit an individual who thrives on challenge and one who is capable and comfortable working both independently and as part of a wider team.
* Many of the services you will procure will be of a technical IT nature, so you should be able to demonstrate both vision, and an eye for detail in your current role.
* Some experience of Procuring products and services requiring contracting would be advantageous, as would experience purchasing Telephony or IT services, however the successful candidate will have full legal and technical support, and training will be available as required.
You will need to be a strong negotiator, confident and able to work well under pressure.
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.